Track Action

Bananaman

Hi Westy, that tool kit looks very virgin to me  :p  :p  :p  :p

Far to shiney to have ever been used in anger, it looks better polished than the car :blush:  :blush:

:p  to the lot of you!

I'll have you know that tool kit has just assisted me in putting my engine back in after doing a clutch change.  I won't comment on the grass stuff though :D

Posted on April 25 2003,20:13

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

to the lot of you!

I'll have you know that tool kit has just assisted me in putting my engine back in after doing a clutch change.  I won't comment on the grass stuff though

Funny, I did not re-call seeing a hammer in the tool roll Westy :p

second draw in my tool chest contains the many types of hammer and if there not bigger enough the sledge sits faithfully at the side.  The mrs also contributed an axe recently, havent found the right context to use it yet :devil:

Hardly.... [:p]

But you try convincing a Corvette owner with silly amounts of power that he really ought to let this annoying little British car past when it's *sooo* much more amusing (for him at any rate) to just clog it down the straights....

Plus the last track day I did I spent most of it gooning  :D   But when I stopped and tried to be sensible the Porsche Poxter I caught didn't want to let me past either... So I just left them to it and figured it wasn't worth getting bothered about.

wises words Mr M.  My last similar experience was following a nutter turbo'd lancia delta on slicks around the track.  In the end I followed him for a couple of laps until the marshalls kindly waved blue flags to him to let me pass.  I have it on video and if you would of seen the lines he took on some of the corners it would soon become apparent the only thing keeping him on the grey stuff was the slicks.  Certainly too dangerous to go for an overtaking attempt.

There's no titanium spanners in there though Westy.  :p

not until I do a mid-night raid on your garage!  I'll probably inscribe Minardi on them to keep people off the scent!

So he clearly didn't want to be overtaken by consent then ??!  :0

To be honest, most of the people who've done the straight line junky bit at trackdays over here have simply underestimated how quick the car can be.  I spent most of one session behind an MX5 gooning away and having loads of fun  :D   Next session I ended up behind him but nipped past and did a horizon job.  He came up for a chat afterwards because he was a little surprised at how quickly I'd zapped past him  :)    Also had one of the Corvette drivers wander over and comment that he was expecting the car to be slow like a lot of the other se7ens he'd seen and was a bit taken aback when I hung onto his coat tails down the straight and then was all over him like a cheap suit through the twistier bits.

There's no titanium spanners in there though Westy.  :p

not until I do a mid-night raid on your garage!  I'll probably inscribe Minardi on them to keep people off the scent!

:0  *shudder*

Better get an alarm on the garage then!  :D

back on topic, I asked someone about what kind of cars they get, as they are doing Croft on 16th May which sounded interesting!

Having done ALL the track action dates I can tell you that it's made up of c******ms, Westies, Radicals, a few EVO's ,Subarus and a couple of Cosworths

Etiquette is the best I've EVER seen at ANY trackday.

Time is plentiful with almost no stoppages apart from breakdowns !