• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Harnesses

Boxerman33

Check out the LUKE harnesses in DT....you'll find they do a westfield model with the aircraft buckle release at a very good price.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• adhawkins

• Blatman

• Boxerman33

• Matt Seabrook

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the requirement was for them to be able to be released with one hand?

Whilst the regulations are intensely complex to read and produce definitive answers it does appear from Statutory Instrument 1987 No. 1133

The Road Vehicles (Construction and Use) (Amendment) (No.2) Regulations 1987 abstract of part of seat belt regs from Contruction and Use regs

That the requirement is for locking and release to be by a "single action".

Aircraft style harnesses meet the release requirement but not the locking requirement. I believe this is why all modern cars have their "fixed" end attached firmly enough to the floor to ensure that both hands do not have to be used to do up.

This is apart from the "E" marking or BSI marking requirements.

David.

Hi Men

Could try TRS Pro belts FIA approved 4 point aircraft buckle etc £95.00.

From Lichco on 01543 258365 speak to Paul Dyas.

Rob :D

Can you get 3 point harnesses with aircraft-type buckles?

...it does mean that you can get out of the car without having the hassle of dislocating your shoulder

I like the thought of this ^ - me and SWMBO have awful trouble getting in and out of my (narrow bodied) westie, especially with big coats/scarves/gloves/helmets on :down: .

On a slightly different note, I'd like to get some high backed seats (prolly Cobra 7's) - with 3 point belts, do I need the seats with harness holes in them, or will the straps go round the headrest :durr:  ???

See you on Sunday! :D:D:D:t-up:

On a slightly different note, I'd like to get some high backed seats (prolly Cobra 7's) - with 3 point belts, do I need the seats with harness holes in them, or will the straps go round the headrest :durr:  ???

Mine go around the headrest.

26.jpeg

(no comments about the hat please ;))

Andy

Thems is 4 pointers though, surely? Big Bad Ben is asking about 3 pointers.......

IMHO, harness holes will be needed for 3 pointers, and also IIRC, the Cobra Roadster 7 seat is a bit wider than the Westfield seat in the head restraint area.........

Oh yeah, the hats OK. Not sure about the poofy yellow gloves though.........   :devil:  :0  :D

:bangshead:

Must...read...posts...properly...before...replying...

:bangshead::bangshead::bangshead::bangshead::bangshead:

Congratulations on avoiding commenting on the hat though, when I saw you'd responded immediately after me I thought it was inevitable... :D

Andy

To be honest, it's such a target rich environment that I had trouble restricting it to a one liner......  :0:p:D

:down: Sorry........

:p

;)

Must...not...post...that...picture...

Andy

You mean you don't have a copy on your desktop? I can send you the 'full res' version if you like :) (I think)

Andy

:t-up:

Glad to hear it ;). How much did you have to bribe Neil to stop him putting it on the calendar? :D

Andy

You can't get the three point harnesses with the aircraft style buckle (since you'd get the two straps trying to strangle you if you did, -and you certainly do need holes in the back of the seat for the three point harnesses because the eye bolt is very close to the back of the seat, and they'd rub really badly if you tried to make them go around.  I found the best way with my GRP race seat is to cut a single central slot (I did two to begin with and had to patch it later.... damn) for the shoulder straps since the eye bolt really is very close to the seat, -with two holes the webbing was sort of forced apart..... i.e wouldn't lie naturally

How much did you have to bribe Neil to stop him putting it on the calendar?

Not that much, surprisingly........  :D:D:D