Number plate

TJWilliams

I have now got the number plates for the westy, fitted the back one OK. But can not decide what to do with the front one  ???  

Do I fix the large plastic plate to the bottom of the nose cone or try and get hold of a stick on one?

I have been driving around with no number plate on the front for the last couple of weeks with no problems. Has anyone else not fitted a front number plate?  

Tony

There is a kind of flat bit at the bottom of the nosecone to fit the numberplate but ......... and it's a bit of a dodgy but ...... some people have fitted the stick on ones even though they are illegal apparently.

As for driving around without one on the front at all - Hmmmm, Well I wouldn't got past any plod if I were you

Tigger

I have a stick on plate on the top of the nosecone.

Fitted by Wetsfield themselves no less...

... did not know it could be illegal   :D

I use a small bike style plate - probably illegal  :D  :devil:

The numberplate needs to be on the nearest or exact angle to vertical..........apparently.

Mine is a motorbike numberplate mounted under the nose cone and ive had no problems.

If i get pulled..........i bought it like this with an MOT.....speak to the MOT garage :arse:  :arse:

I doubt that will be a valid defense to be honest.

I don't think the MOT check tests anything other than the fact that you do have a plate...I'm sure I've read something on here that people have passed with bits of cardboard in the window?

I would imagine you'd get a bit of leeway the first time they pulled you though.

Andy

My car has never had a front plate, although I do have a (small) stick-on one in the garage waiting for when I get told off.  Can't/won't fit a plate below the grille as my car has the larger aperture here for air flow to the oil cooler - stick-on is my only option really.

With regards being stopped by plod, they are able to issue an on-the-spot £30 fixed penalty notice for it (no points), though I'd guess you'd get some leniency unless you were misbehaving anyway. Thereafter your reg is noted, and if they pull you again for the same thing, you get bigger trouble.

moomin

Thanks for the advice.

I think I will keep a number plate behind the seat, and if I get stopped by plod, " I was just getting it fitted officer!" :p

Tony

front plate on the westy is stick on ,though there was not one thre for years ,also have an elise ............no front plate on that either ,never had any probs ,agin front facing camaras and laser cam vans are not a problem ...........

cheers for that info moomim.  does that mean i can take it off and ignore forward facing cameras?

it's not gospel, I'm no plod.  I don't know if they are grumpier now that there is such emphasis on scameras.

oh and you can't ignore them, you have to give them the bird :p

moom