Northampton Motor Sport

Nic Chase (NICO) - Shropshire & Mid-Wales AO

Big thanks to Troy. 
Working remotely, he managed to sort out some running issues with my Sport 2000 Duratec. 

He emailed me comprehensive written instructions on how to tune and balance my ITB’s. 

Logging on via Team Viewer he made some small adjustments to the Omex ecu. 

Now running perfectly. 

Thanks. 

• Like 3

Hi Nic

Pleased you are a sorted. Also Troy doing another great job.

Take care and maybe catch up soon.

Bob

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nic Chase (NICO) - Shropshire & Mid-Wales AO said:

Big thanks to Troy. 
Working remotely, he managed to sort out some running issues with my Sport 2000 Duratec. 

He emailed me comprehensive written instructions on how to tune and balance my ITB’s. 

Logging on via Team Viewer he made some small adjustments to the Omex ecu. 

Now running perfectly. 

Thanks. 

Yep, Troy is a bl**** legend, he did the same for me via Team Viewer when my TPS went caput and figuring it out was beyond my skills.

I really, REALLY want to get my car to him for a dyno session and a good checking over but I'm starting to get old and have messed up my knee so trailering the car to NMS isn't easy for me these days.

You won’t be disappointed Steve. 
Although slightly terrifying standing next to your car on the rollers when Troy does a power run 😀

• Haha 1

Anybody know what else NMS can do for us? I know they dyno and set up geometry but do they do stuff like say servicing, fitting new grp seats, replacing damaged cycle wings, upgrades, fitting wide track suspension and faster steering racks or is it primarily geo and dyno? 

I'm looking for somewhere I can take my SEiW and leave it with a list of stuff I'd like done, so far the only place that I'm sure does stuff like that is MK Sportscars.

I'm near Bristol and would like somewhere nearer if poss. I'm fussy too, if a cycle wing was not quite lined up right I'd definitely see it and not be able to unsee it. Not fussy as such, just like things done right. 

They can do everything you want and more.  But you will think twice about it once you hear the hourly rate...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Quinten said:

They can do everything you want and more.  But you will think twice about it once you hear the hourly rate...

I can imagine. Every garage I know is charging a lot these days. They are all smashed into oblivion by the rates vets charge though. Absolutely scandalous.

Do you happen to know NMS hourly rate please @Quinten ?

It's 3 figures plus vat.  Which is fine for their expertise and difficult engine work, but humdrum fitting stuff, I'd look elsewhere...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1