Running slooooooow again…

Captain Colonial

As long as the hamsters are not harmed....

• Haha 1

Failed to load at all a couple of times just now.....

yes same here, there is a pattern, basically from 1 to 3.30 - 4 ish and now, so 5.30 onwards, plus or minus the odd 30 mins same as yesterday. One post took 22 seconds to be accepted, so definitely a loading issue as was said already, something in the software is doing something causing the high CPU loading as reported already. I wonder if you can get to interrogate the routines and see what runs during those periods, I have no experience with Invision boards, only their very early IRC software 20 odd years ago. 

Yeah there’s a particular search query that was logged that took a long time to return a result. Not sure if that’s the root cause, but posted a report to the invision community on an existing thread where others have reported slow running.

Seems the last software update may have a bug. No idea how long they will take to react. 

It’s getting very annoying now!

• Thanks 2

It is annoying but at least this does work, seen updates completely down a forum, as soon as rebooted...

Not sure if it’s linked but I’ve just tried pasting copied links to a couple of websites onto a post and find it doesn’t work!

Always possible it’s just me, but who knows!

Working with me, just posted them for you :yes:

1 minute ago, Alan Cutler (Adge) - Dorset AO said:

Not sure if it’s linked but I’ve just tried pasting copied links to a couple of websites onto a post and find it doesn’t work!

Always possible it’s just me, but who knows!

2 minutes ago, Richard (OldStager) said:

Working with me, just posted them for you

Thanks, tiz just me then, no surprise there!

Just now, Alan Cutler (Adge) - Dorset AO said:

Thanks, tiz just me then, no surprise there!

The forum has one or two issues, so it may have not uploaded your request in the time you are used to, it takes a bit longer at the moment.

3 hours ago, WSCC Webmaster said:

Yeah there’s a particular search query that was logged that took a long time to return a result. Not sure if that’s the root cause, but posted a report to the invision community on an existing thread where others have reported slow running.

Have you done a search?  Wait a minute…

• Haha 2

Right then. With the help of @ACW who runs the hardware side of things and is super knowledgeable when it comes to the dark arts, we have made some changes that will hopefully help the situation. 

🤞

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Please bear with us while we try and fix this. We know it’s frustrating for everyone. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WSCC Webmaster said:

Please bear with us while we try and fix this. We know it’s frustrating for everyone. 

I see your post over on the invision site has an "agree" button posted, symbol for which is a +1, that would be handy here I think for times when you just want to say you approve of whatever was said, without having to actually post the words. Just an idea.

ETA

Its 1am and the speed is great no issues. 

@WSCC Webmaster

Dear Sir

I wish to complain.  The forums are running at their normal speed and the slowness issue has disappeared, so I assume that you have fixed the problem.

This leaves me with nothing to complain about.  Therefore I am complaining that I have nothing to complain about.  Please rectify this problem as soon as possible.

Yours,

Bob Frapples

• Haha 2

Dear Mr Frapples,

We are sorry to hear you are not happy with our service and your complaint has been raised with our dedicated team. However, be aware due to exceptional high amounts of complaints there will be a significant time delay in processing your case.

We trust this this will satisfy your concerns and please do not hesitate to contact us again  should you have further concerns.

Yours sincerely

Mr Selpparf. 

• Haha 2