• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Monyash - Sunday 5th May at 1015am

Rob Hunter - Club Secretary

Hi,

A few of us are heading to the Old Smithy in Monyash for breakfast.

If you're coming from the "sarf" we will meet at the A50/A38 services (DE65 6DX) for a 9am departure.

We will have fuel stop at the Shell Garage on Duffield Road, Allestree at 915am before hitting Derbyshires finest B roads up through Wirksworth and Youlgreave to Monyash for about 1015am.

Hope to see some of you tomorrow 👍

• Like 2

Ended up at the Bull I Thorn as Monyash was a car park 😂

Perfect weather for a Peaks run today!

9am just south of Derby with Ben, Dan, Lee, James, Paul and myself. Tim joined us as we were setting off.

20240505_090509.jpg

A quick stop north of Derby to collect new member Mark and we headed for the wide open spaces of Derbyshire!

20240505_092114.jpg

A good hours worth of fun B road blatting before landing at Monyash to find it rammed full of bikes! Having spent so many days out with @Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative  , the internal satnav kicked in and I diverted the long way round to the Bull 'i Thorn where Glynn joined us maming whooshing noises.... hopefully it's just his new turbo 😂

20240505_103704.jpg

20240505_103737.jpg

20240505_103718.jpg

20240505_103650.jpg

The Bull 'I Thorn used to be a regular haunt of ours but we hadn't been back since its reopening. Glad we did as the breakfasts were lovely and could sit out in the sunshine to stuff our faces!

20240505_105211.jpg

When everyone was suitably refreshed, the gang started to head their seperate ways so I took the opportunity to give Mark a sample of 9,000rpm with a quick passemger ride. Having come from bikes and owned some fast Porsches, Mark is already thinking about upgrades to his ITB'd Zetec 😂

Mark also fancied stretching the legs of his car a little now he was getting used to it, so the two of us had a more spirited little convoy on the way home until he peeled off near Derby.

Cracking day out, hope you all had a laugh and got home safely 👍

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Ah man, I kind wish I lived a bit further north! The Peaks is just a bit too far for a sensible morning out for me.

• Like 1

Some of us got to monyash early enough to park and get breakfast! 😜

IMG_3073.thumb.jpeg.91cfc51291d83a5f04f7ae51cc83e2be.jpeg

although I did feel a little lonely with the bikers when you drove past😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

55 minutes ago, Glynn Walters said:

Some of us got to monyash early enough to park and get breakfast! 😜

although I did feel a little lonely with the bikers when you drove past😂

I bet you had a great time - 

• Haha 3

Your bikers round stoke way must be a different breed!😉

(Can’t beat a bit of police academy though!)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, DIY-Si said:

Ah man, I kind wish I lived a bit further north! The Peaks is just a bit too far for a sensible morning out for me.

@DIY-Si we will be going to the A47 Autojumble tomorrow (I'll post it up in a bit) if you fancy that. A bit closer and normally a great day out

Matlock Bath was also very busy with motorbikes @Rob Hunter - Club Secretary

DSC05120.jpg

We had a much needed lazy day at New Bath Hotel and took the back route home to miss the massive queue of traffic

DSC05128.jpg

Glad you had a good morning out, what a great attendance! have a good day tomorrow x

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rob Hunter - Club Secretary said:

@DIY-Si we will be going to the A47 Autojumble tomorrow (I'll post it up in a bit) if you fancy that. A bit closer and normally a great day out

Rob, I would do, but I've got my son here this weekend and I've promised that he can go swimming tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up though. 👍🏻

• Like 1

@aeg yes it is, I moved Rita from here

DSC05124.jpg

to park with the genuine disabled driver of the MGB, but only for a moment to take the photo and there was a couple of spare disabled spots still available.....officer Gilbert 🤣

DSC05125 - Copy.jpg

• Haha 2