Which Westie ?

judder

Hiya

I'm going for a Duratec but am having a nightmare trying to source a used unit.  They are as rare as Rocking Horse Sh*t on the used market.  

I was promised a unit from the Company who does our Management Lease Salvage at work - I've called the guy every week for the past 6 months and no luck - It seems that the new Mondeo handles well and as a result not many people are stacking them - When they do, the stack is so big that the engine is useless!.   A search of the Web shows that every tuner and his dog is after them.  One scrappie I phoned said that they had a list of 16 people who want one.

Ive found a Company called Raceco who say that they have lots of brand new 2.3 Duratecs@£1300 +VAT but this is still loads of cash when you have to then fork out £3k for the Raceline bits and bobs.

If anyone out there has a source for a low mileage used Duratec, please let me know.

Ta

Anthony

Thanks Both.  I've just called Simpsons.  They don't have one at the moment but said I should call them in two weeks.  

Coni - Daft question, but how do I get onto blat chat? - I've looked at loads of Blatmans posts but can't find the link.

Cheers

Ant

Blatchat

A lot of them seem very precious aboutr how much greater Cateringvans are than anything else on the planet. If you can avoid those type of threads it's not a bad site.

Mr Chumley Warner

:)

Im gagging for a westfield and have been lurking around looking for information from various web sites and this forum.

Is the V8 worth the extra money or is it just because it sounds good ? Would I be better off with a duratec ?

Whatever you use it for the fastest car will be how good you drive. Most of these cars are very driver dependent. Question is how much do you value the thugga thugga torquey goodness set off against reeking of fuel when you get out of the car, multiplied by the cost differential minus the number you first thought of - suggest you do as others have suggested and blag a ride in both - but use your head as well as your heart - your heart will say V8 every time.

Mr Chumley Warner

:)

go for the duratec

its a modern engine with bags of power and torque

thats true. V8s have got really low torque figures  :bangshead:  :p  ;)

Ahem

I`m now a V8 convert but have you considered one of the all time classic engines in the world. The VX 2.0 L XE. 180 bhp on carbs  without modification

and they are available.................