Which Westie ?

judder

Im gagging for a westfield and have been lurking around looking for information from various web sites and this forum.

Is the V8 worth the extra money or is it just because it sounds good ? Would I be better off with a duratec ?

Depends what you want the car for. Weekend tourer? Track day monster? Sprint / racing?

What's your budget?

Andy

Id just be using it on the road at the weekends/nights - as much as possible ( I drive a diesel van for work ), hav'nt really set a buget, but i would like to module build as I hate going round scrapyards, Id also buy a second hand one if the right one came along.

If you go to a posh scrap yard they will put all the bits you need in the back of your van for you there is a lot of money to be saved on some parts

I paid £25 for a XR 4x4 3.62 diff look up what Westfields want for a new one then add £25 for a 3.92 diff and £150 for the crown wheel to be swapped over and you have a reconditioned 3.92 LSD diff for £200 think thats about £500 saving. Now for £450 of that saving I could go down to the scrappies for you

Paul I'll give you £200.00 for a reconditioned 3.92 LSD as long as you give me a 12 month warranty, or a guarantee, a bond, your word, a new replacement diff if knacked, a 2 week holiday in the caribean (watching cricket), my wife a diamond ring or necklace, a set of magnesium wheels, lightened discs, private education, a weekend at Cadwell with Tent or a younger age    :D   :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

But I only want one of the above as guarantee, not much to ask    :cool:

I'd second that motion for the Duratec although I doubt there are too many of them around on the 2nd hand market yet.

V8 does sound sooo good though ... Hmmmm :love:

Tigger

V8s are cool... (Welsh Wizard says 'you're not getting one' ), but I dunno whether I'd want one to be my first Westfield.

Also, how tall are you? My mate's V8 has top mounted pedals (I think they all do) and my long legs just didn't seem to let me work them properly. I drove it for about 3 miles, and had aching ankles in that short time.

Anyway, V8's are boring...you don't even need to change gear :)

Andy

it really depends on what you want from the car, to build your own to your own spec is a very satisfying achievment especially when you drive it or even start the engine for the first time :D  i have just built and passed sva a seight :D  the grin factor is huge but mostly because it is mine :D  it is very nice and a couple of bikers were left wondering what that thing was :t-up:  :oops: try and blag a ride in both cars and see how you go ???

try and blag a ride in both cars and see how you go ???

That's definitely (think I got it right that time Blatters! :)) the best advice so far.

Get along to an area meet, and see how many different cars you can blag a ride in. That's the best way to make a decision.

Andy

he he he that'd be good, although there doesn't seem to be many up here in bonny scotland. By the sound of things Id be happy with the modern Duratec, Thanks for all the replys will have to keep on saving for a while yet though.

Is the V8 worth the extra money or is it just because it sounds good ?

It's definitely worth the extra money and you're right, it does sound good. You don't want to be messing around with half an engine.

Depends what you want the car for. Weekend tourer? Track day monster? Sprint / racing?

That'll be a V8, a V8 or a V8 then?

Anyway, V8's are boring...you don't even need to change gear

Not changing gear was probably your mistake, not surprising you found it boring  ;)

Seriously, yes they do all have top mounted pedals. I have no problem with these and I'm 6'2", where there is a will there is a way.

About 25 miles southeast of Glasgow.

In that case you need to get yourself to Peebles on the 22nd and 23rd of May.

There you'll find a full asssortment of se7en style cars with all different types of engines (inc my V8) and i'm sure plenty of runs around the block.

'tis the Se7ens.net Butcher in the Borders Tour you see