Yorkshire meetings, 2024.

Robin Parker (Red Spider) - Yorkshire AO

There's a Bank Holiday Monday meeting at the Motorist,Lennerton Lane, Sherburn in Elmet, LS25 6JE, 27th May. I'm going over for 12 noon if anyone is at a loose end. 

The rain stayed away mostly and 3 of us in 2 Westfields and @tuonokid58 in his Puma. 

Nice to meet up with @Colin H again. 

20240527_144356.jpg

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

Is anyone interested in the Thornes Park show tomorrow afternoon/evening?

We have 8, possibly 9 cars (MOT depending) booked in, but late entries can get in on the day. It's £6 for late entries. 

Thornes Park, 101 Thornes Road, Wakefield, WF2 8QD.

• Like 1

Walton Car Show, 14th July. 

Walton Club, Shay Lane, Walton, Wakefield, WF2 6LA.

Sorry this is a little late, but I've been talking to the organisers about ground clearance issues and am assured that we will be able to gain entry to the field. 

If anyone is interested, please let me know ASAP. 

Screenshot_20240704_161925_Photos.jpg

15 minutes ago, Robin Parker (Red Spider) - Yorkshire AO said:

Walton Car Show, 14th July. 

Walton Club, Shay Lane, Walton, Wakefield, WF2 6LA.

Sorry this is a little late, but I've been talking to the organisers about ground clearance issues and am assured that we will be able to gain entry to the field. 

If anyone is interested, please let me know ASAP. 

Screenshot_20240704_161925_Photos.jpg

Yes please from me :yes:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good weather for today's afternoon car show at Thornes Park. First time the show has been held since 2019 and covid did it's stuff. 

We managed 7 cars.

20240705_184141.jpg

20240705_185600.jpg

• Like 3

Hello, I am booked in at Walton Show never been before 1st time at car show I signed up for the car to be judge as it only a £5., I just signed up to this club. I have been talking to you via Facebook, I have Sylva striker. if tag with you so not on my own that be great.   

5 hours ago, Kenner said:

Hello, I am booked in at Walton Show never been before 1st time at car show I signed up for the car to be judge as it only a £5., I just signed up to this club. I have been talking to you via Facebook, I have Sylva striker. if tag with you so not on my own that be great.   

It would be great for you to join us on Sunday. We will be meeting up at the Starbucks on Doncaster Road, WF1 5BD at 9:30. 

• Thanks 1

Typically, for the middle of July, the weather isn't too good for today's show at Walton. 

I'm still going, but might not stay for long. 

I'll be at Starbucks for half past 9.

38 minutes ago, Robin Parker (Red Spider) - Yorkshire AO said:

I haven’t got a roof for mine it still raining near ponty. If it stops I’ll come out but if still rains might pop out in the daily. Totally gutted  

• Like 1

It turned out not to be too wet today. Some drizzle, but no real rain. 

We managed 4 cars instead of the 9 booked in, but I totally understand why some didn't make it. The organisers must have been devastated after the previous sunny years. 

20240714_102037.jpg

IMG-20240714-WA0015.jpg

• Like 4

A couple of things coming up, 

First, there's a new meeting for the Unofficial Yorkshire classic car group  on Wednesday, 17th at The Crusader in Garforth, LS25 2BY from 5pm. A bit early for a work day probably, but I'm having a ride over. 

Also it's the breakfast meeting on Sunday 21st at the Darrington Hotel, Darrington, Pontefract, WF8 3BL from 10am. 

And last, here's a video from Walton, 

Screenshot_20240714_161738_Facebook.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Early evening meeting at the Kings Arms on Heath Common today from 4pm. 

Screenshot_20240726_112804_Facebook.jpg

Nice evening sat outside a nice pub, until recently there was only gas lights in the Kings Arms, very dark inside. 

20240726_172616.jpg