Carbon Tillett Seat

Tom Frankland (T3OMF)

Used, has 3 small mounting holes as you can see in the photos. 

Was only used as a passenger seat in a Sprint/Hill Climb car, so no one has sat in it. 

£150 Collected (just due to the size) 

image.png.8ca977bad965c370dc911d1e862f320a.png

image.png.3bacd84592f2fda1bef7ba3764600749.pngimage.png.417a5466351399901ce51a001d37bd94.png

image.png.858d3c093fdbd577a12ad9aa82615e61.png

image.png.ca382b429d2960432f7c6e553f33b223.png

• Like 1

Hi!

I think I might be interested - unfortunately Swindon is a fair stretch away from me. Are you ever closer to North Devon (work, family visits, etc) ? Or the A303?

Or would you consider using a courier?

Cheers

I may be able to offer some assistance. I am in Melksham and my brother is in Braunton. My brother is in Melksham for Christmas so I could collect the seat from Tom and then give to my brother to take back to Braunton if this helps?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

52 minutes ago, JTR said:

I may be able to offer some assistance. I am in Melksham and my brother is in Braunton. My brother is in Melksham for Christmas so I could collect the seat from Tom and then give to my brother to take back to Braunton if this helps?

That's what this club is all about.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, JTR said:

Hi JTR!

That is so kind of you to offer! Thank you very much. Yes, if there's a sale happening that would be fab and I'd love to accept the offer.

Haven't heard back from vendor yet - PM sent, too. 

I'll keep you posted.

Hi all!

I'm after some advice, maybe photos and/or personal experience.

One reason I'm not 100% sure about buying the seat is that I won't be able to afford a second one for a while - with it being a totally unnecessary purchase; I just fancy it + it may give me even more room in the car.

My question is how awkward do you think it'll look to have two different types of seats in the car.

My current ones are in the pic - not sure what they are called. (Sorry, Bernie, I know you told me but my brain couldn't take it all in).

J

IMG_20231215_162555_MP.jpg

5 hours ago, jaykay42 said:

Hi all!

I'm after some advice, maybe photos and/or personal experience.

One reason I'm not 100% sure about buying the seat is that I won't be able to afford a second one for a while - with it being a totally unnecessary purchase; I just fancy it + it may give me even more room in the car.

My question is how awkward do you think it'll look to have two different types of seats in the car.

My current ones are in the pic - not sure what they are called. (Sorry, Bernie, I know you told me but my brain couldn't take it all in).

J

IMG_20231215_162555_MP.jpg

@XTR2Turbo do you have any used or cheaper version of this seat to help out Jay? 

I know this is a big ask, but if you don't ask, you don't get 😉

Hi Tom. We stock W1i in carbon with and without the backframe.

that seat is carbon. Edges off so 40 and no backframe.

it’s what we normally sell as the lightest option for competition cars requiring a passenger seat 

regards

David 

24 minutes ago, XTR2Turbo said:

it’s what we normally sell as the lightest option for competition cars requiring a passenger seat 

regards

David 

I'll take the seat if you can courier . . I know you said collection only 

47 minutes ago, XTR2Turbo said:

regards

David 

Good evening

Thank you for your info. Can you explain to me why you'd describe this seat as a passenger seat?

Thank you 

On 18/12/2023 at 00:05, MarkStevo said:

I'll take the seat if you can courier . . I know you said collection only 

Hi Mark, where in the country are you? never know might be going past over the Christmas.  Pm me if you want 

Jay has pulled out

On 18/12/2023 at 00:29, jaykay42 said:

Good evening

Thank you for your info. Can you explain to me why you'd describe this seat as a passenger seat?

Thank you 

The passenger seat description, is relative to it's use in Westfields, where in many classes a "seat" of some description is required. It's the low back/lack of head rest. - Helps make it lighter weight, and reduces the drag of having a full size seat sticking up.

They're comfy seats though, in their own right.

Used as a drivers seat though, the lack of headrest can be problematic to say the least. For competition purposes, you'd normally have to install a separate, mandatory headrest, to overcome this. On a car that's already through IVA, I don't off the top of my head recall it still being mandatory, BUT, total lack of a head rest/support could see a very minor shunt turn into something catastrophic for your head/neck. (We each have our own acceptable risk levels etc). Much better to add one.

This type of seat is the Westfield Sports Seat. (Not Sport Turbo, just Sports)

image.png

• Thanks 2

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.