New Member Old Car

Steve G.

Along with the car I have a huge amount of history with it. It was ordered in 1990 built and then registered in 1992. It lived in Sussex originally and as they were closer a lot of the parts were bought from The Westfield Centre who were then a Westfield dealer. Interestingly I have 3 lots of receipts for engines. The original was from RJD, the others were for rebuilds. I will have to look into what engine is currently in the car as there is a spare block and engine parts which may be the original. 

I also have a collection of club magazines from 1990 through to 1998. The original owner is sadly no longer around but his son who sold me the car said he was an active Sussex area member at the time. I haven't seen his name or picture of the car in any of the magazines but the son remembers the then area organiser  Andy Smith.

I think the car was used on a few track events (which may explain the engines) and I found an old Valence Hillclimb in the boot so I am looking forward to finding out how well it goes when I get it running. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi Steve,

I have an 88 sei which I’ve owned for 26 years so have some knowledge!

I also had a guy modify the pedals by taking one bend out of them which gave me some extra leg room. 

I look after the Surrey area and we’re not a million miles away from you

cheers

martin