Membership total.

ianali

As I’m housebound with an ear infection I’m bored. Thought I’d ask a question that I’ve wondered over for a while. How many members have we here? If you scroll down our homepage there’s a number of 14,000 plus.. I thought we had maybe a 1000plus? 

There's "WSCC Members" (those who have paid and are current, inc Joint Members), trial members, paid extended trial members and SORN members (those who did not renew).

Out of those we consistently have around 1,000 current paid up WSCC Members.

• Thanks 4

1 hour ago, WSCC Webmaster said:

Out of those we consistently have around 1,000 current paid up WSCC Members.

Any ideas how we can get some of those 1000 over here, I haven't counted but guessing we may have 20/30 regulars to the forum. I know not everyone likes posting all the time ( I do but then I'm weird ) even if they just called in once a month or few months  - not sure how we can do that , impossible I guess?.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Richard (OldStager) said:

Any ideas how we can get some of those 1000 over here, I haven't counted but guessing we may have 20/30 regulars to the forum. I know not everyone likes posting all the time ( I do but then I'm weird ) even if they just called in once a month or few months  - not sure how we can do that , impossible I guess?.

That's strange.  I find the forum the main benefit.  Maybe that's because I'm still learning about my Westfield?

D

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, dvd8n said:

That's strange.  I find the forum the main benefit.  Maybe that's because I'm still learning about my Westfield?

D

Likewise, I actually like learning about other cars, I know my car very well, but not so much say an FW, and once an engine goes beyond the 80's I'm lost with EFI's and ECU's, so I learn a lot just reading, and occasionally  poking my nose in where it's not wanted 🤣 - but that's how I learn stuff.

• Like 2

We have local members who never, or very infrequently go on the forum. When I've asked why, "not my thing" or "can't be bothered".

18 minutes ago, Robin Parker (Red Spider) - Yorkshire AO said:

We have local members who never, or very infrequently go on the forum. When I've asked why, "not my thing" or "can't be bothered".

Odd, do they know what it's even about, I mean forget the general banter on here, I mean tech help, or perhaps parts wanted or for sale. If you don't want to chat about the weather last Thursday, that's fine but you can't deny tech help and parts is not their thing?. Oh well, you can lead a horse and all that...

You might find that there are some members who visit the forum to read what others have posted, but don't wish to post themselves.

• Like 1

@Richard (OldStager), @stephenh, both true. 

Yes, they do know about the forum and the great info, and I can understand not wanting to post, but some don't even, and some have never been on the forum. We do have a WhatsApp group for local information and general banter which is active. 

On 09/10/2023 at 15:53, Robin Parker (Red Spider) - Yorkshire AO said:

@Richard (OldStager), @stephenh, both true. 

Yes, they do know about the forum and the great info, and I can understand not wanting to post, but some don't even, and some have never been on the forum. We do have a WhatsApp group for local information and general banter which is active. 

I will admit, the WhatsApp groups are useful, they got me out of quite a few sticky situations last year on the Wirral, but I don't see why they should over ride the forum in some cases, they should go hand in hand, folks are happy to post on WA but not here?. Perhaps it's a generational thing ? , the younger folks only ever knew socail media and forums are "so last century" as they would say. I say bahh humbug to that, both this and other forums I frequent are alive and well, if admittedly somewhat quieter.