Getting in to a Westy with the roof on

DWaldie

11 hours ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman said:

Pfft, this is just the easy bit. Now try getting into a Westfield, hood up, when you have a passenger!

I never had an issue with Wendz in passenger seat....

A- she is fairly petite 

B- it wasn't a problem when my head nestled into her upper torso 🤪

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Onliest Smeg David said:

I never had an issue with Wendz in passenger seat....

B- it wasn't a problem when my head nestled into her upper torso 🤪

Be careful; according to the news this morning, there are going to be quite a few consultant surgeons in trouble for doing something similar in the NHS operating theatres!

I get in first using the left leg first etc. Once I am in wife climbs in on passenger side after I get handbag umbrella and shopping dumped on my lap first.  Then the inevitable,   I forgot to get the key out of my pocket,  so get half out to get the darn key.

• Haha 2

Hi, interesting topic.  Just completed two weeks touring in SW Wales.  Last week Aug and first in Sept.  Week in August was damp and we needed the hood up for a couple of the days.  Once in you have forgotten how comfortable and snug it can be, especially with bags on the boot. The rear wheel arches were probably the worst they have ever been, probably due to all the tractors using the B roads. Jane, my wife manages pretty well in and out and I'm not too bad once you recognize the state of the rear wheel arches, but difficult to keep a clean bum all the same.  Spent some time over the past years understanding how to keep the water out and be watertight inside.

Still it's all part of the fun I guess.

• Like 2