DON'T USE PARCEL2GO

Terry Everall

What a shower this company is. After selling them on our Forum I sent my  Race Overall's using them and guess what. Despite all the correct labels and insuring them they got lost in Transit. After hours of trying to use their horrendous website to claim my money back £125 plus postage and insurance so far after 7 weeks I have got nowhere. you cant speak to anybody and their complaints email seems to get lost and nobody replies. Their "system" and I use the word loosely ask you to provide proof of non arrival even though their own tracking system shows it as "IN TRANSIT" so I had to get proof from the recipient that he had not received it! Then they want evidence of the fact I sold it and at what price plus the original price I paid. At every step their review period of 5 to 7 days each time says they need more evidence. I have threatened to take them to the small claims court and even emailed the CEO of the company asking for help. His was response was to say he was no longer the CEO but thats not Companies House says !!. It's like Robbery. I do not know how they get away with it. Please spread the message so nobody else has to suffer what I have gone through.

• Sad 4

13 hours ago, Terry Everall - WSCC Competition Secretary said:

What a shower this company is. After selling them on our Forum I sent my  Race Overall's using them and guess what. Despite all the correct labels and insuring them they got lost in Transit. After hours of trying to use their horrendous website to claim my money back £125 plus postage and insurance so far after 7 weeks I have got nowhere. you cant speak to anybody and their complaints email seems to get lost and nobody replies. Their "system" and I use the word loosely ask you to provide proof of non arrival even though their own tracking system shows it as "IN TRANSIT" so I had to get proof from the recipient that he had not received it! Then they want evidence of the fact I sold it and at what price plus the original price I paid. At every step their review period of 5 to 7 days each time says they need more evidence. I have threatened to take them to the small claims court and even emailed the CEO of the company asking for help. His was response was to say he was no longer the CEO but thats not Companies House says !!. It's like Robbery. I do not know how they get away with it. Please spread the message so nobody else has to suffer what I have gone through.

Sorry to hear of your problems Terry, unfortunately the whole Parcel industry seems geared up to completely ignore / make it impossible to claim, with ever more ridiculous terms etc. and it's been like this for a long time. Good Luck

The club had a similar thing happen about 2015 or so.  Tuffnels Delivery managed to lose a brand new gazebo frame.  It was 2+ metres long and weighed 50kg.  They claimed it was put into the back of the drivers van and that he couldn’t find it.  I remarked through gritted teeth that I didn’t know Ford made Transit vans the size of a warehouse. 🤬  They never found it.

Parcel2go are the organisation that manages the delivery process. They use a variety of carriers I believe and in this case it was Fedex. ut the tracking process etc is with Parcel2go

12 hours ago, Scott Young (Captain Colonial) - Club Secretary said:

Tuffnels Delivery managed to lose a brand new gazebo frame.  It was 2+ metres long and weighed 50kg.  They claimed it was put into the back of the drivers van and that he couldn’t find it.  I remarked through gritted teeth that I didn’t know Ford made Transit vans the size of a warehouse. 🤬  They never found it.

I vowed never to use Tuffnels after they lost a batch of about 20 PCs belonging to a mate's business.  This was back when PCs were big.  And very expensive.  He never got compensation.

D

Maybe some of these companies should be called ~Robin Hood delivery Service ????????

• Like 1

Did you not pay on a credit card ?  Perhaps your bank could cover the loss ? 

Evri messed me about with an undelivered golf club I sold, they lost it in march. You can't speak to a human. Only a chief executive complaint got the ball rolling and finally received my pay out last month 

• Like 1

It’s the reason I don’t use intermediary companies such as parcels to go or bookings.com as it adds an extra layer of complication when things unfortunately go wrong.

I’d alway pay the little extra and book direct with the company I’m using.

• Like 3

Funnily enough, I've never had a problem with Evri (was hermes previously, in the last 5 plus years) - always get my parcels on time and delivery driver is ace?

I guess its only when something goes wrong that the trouble starts?

Mart.

33 minutes ago, Mighty Mart said:

Funnily enough, I've never had a problem with Evri (was hermes previously, in the last 5 plus years) - always get my parcels on time and delivery driver is ace?

I guess its only when something goes wrong that the trouble starts?

Mart.

My heart always sinks when I find out that the courier for a parcel is Hermes/Evri.  They just seemed to have a significantly higher incidence of problems than the others in my experience.  I once had a parcel take six months with them (literally, not just hyperbole). Having said that, they do seem to have improved a wee bit since the rebranding.

19 minutes ago, dvd8n said:

My heart always sinks when I find out that the courier for a parcel is Hermes/Evri.  They just seemed to have a significantly higher incidence of problems than the others in my experience.

Same here.  I ordered a garden rake from Amazon and Herpes, er, I mean Hermes lost it.  Ordered it a second time and they “lost” it again.  I’m guessing they were pilfered.

Evri opened a new very small distribution facility about a 1/4 mile away from me - no signage at all, but I recognised the delivery drivers.  My neighbour was expecting a parcel from them that never showed up, so I gave her a lift to the facility and we walked straight in through the loading door, unchallenged.  The manager was shocked that we knew who they were.  After a few cold and dark words, her parcel was found swiftly.  Bunch of incompetents. 🤬

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Scott Young (Captain Colonial) - Club Secretary said:

Same here.  I ordered a garden rake from Amazon and Herpes, er, I mean Hermes lost it.  Ordered it a second time and they “lost” it again.  I’m guessing they were pilfered.

Evri opened a new very small distribution facility about a 1/4 mile away from me - no signage at all, but I recognised the delivery drivers.  My neighbour was expecting a parcel from them that never showed up, so I gave her a lift to the facility and we walked straight in through the loading door, unchallenged.  The manager was shocked that we knew who they were.  After a few cold and dark words, her parcel was found swiftly.  Bunch of incompetents. 🤬

I've worked in logistics and ecommerce over 30 years and had some interesting times with all the major parcel carriers (through choice I have never worked for one though!). As the old adage says "you get what you pay for" with a lot of them. Hermes/Evri are positioned at the cheaper end of the market....

The larger hubs are amazing places, handling millions of parcels each week for the major ecommerce players. Interestingly, all of the carriers are managing 90-95% on time delivery performance for next day and 97-98% for a standard 3-5 day service.

They do focus on the larger businesses as they are the cornerstone of their operation and give scale and geographical reach. As a consequence, the focus on the smaller business/individual is lacking in a lot of cases.

Being "in the know", there are certain carriers, regions and product types I'd be very careful about if I was sending a parcel myself. Even as a buyer, for expensive items I will tend to check the carrier used before making a purchase (some businesses will give you options).

I would also say, try not to send a parcel around Black Friday, Cyber Monday or the week or two prior to Christmas... it is total carnage for the parcel industry at those times of the year 😂

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

A miracle has just happened ( I am not religious !!!). I just had £4.62 refunded for the postage . 

• Like 1