DON'T USE PARCEL2GO

Terry Everall

1 hour ago, Terry Everall - WSCC Competition Secretary said:

A miracle has just happened ( I am not religious !!!). I just had £4.62 refunded for the postage . 

Enough for paracetamol for the headaches they caused.

• Haha 1

I only use , Parcel Force and Royal Mail,  never had a problem with them. Price is a bit more but not outrageous. 

The Royal Mail lost an AP Racing master cylinder I sold due to shear incompetence. The number of phone calls to try and (unsuccessfully resolve it was insane. As was the working culture within the organisation.

When i finally got through to someone who knew what they were doing, we actually worked out where the MC was. (My local sorting office), but there was no way for either them or me to get at it. All their system was set up to do, was refund the postage cost. which they did.

A month or two later, it arrived back at my house, as someone at the sorting office happened to look in the pile we knew it was in and decide to take it back to the return address! But if they hadn't, it would have been gone for good.

All because some incompetent muppet scanned it in incorrectly at the first stage of it's journey through Royal Fail

• Like 1

Yep, no matter how amazing their tracking systems are, they are only as good as the Mk1 Human Being that operates them 😂

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've sold an item to a fellow WSCC member and used ParcelForce for the collect/delivery service.  Just as I clicked the 'Book' button, I noticed that Parcel2Go is part of ParcelForce (or vice versa??).  Having read this thread, I was dreading the potential outcome.

I made the booking on Sunday at 1615.  The item was collected at 1030 on Monday from Shropshire, and it's been delivered to Northumberland today (Tuesday morning) at 0950.  All for £15.  I couldn't have wished for a better service.

• Like 1

Write to them give them 14 days to sort it out or then raise a small claims court demand. Everytime we have had issues and done this they manage to sort it out pretty quick.

Every parcel company and as a business we used everyone at some time, manage to screw up. Worst one was one no longer in business who took a restored Vintage Bentley Rad to deliver to a customer in the Highlands of Scotland. When it eventually arrived it had been removed from the wooden box it left us in, to be finally delivered through three different companies, in the back of a cab. As you would expect the nickel plated shell was damaged and it had to be restored again. There is no system that will account for utter stupidity

Have to say I use Parcel2Go quite often, especially for collecting stuff from the UK and shipping to Italy. Never had a problem so far, but I usually choose DPD or UPS, not the cheaper couriers. I also never use Royal Mail as that is usually handed over the italian posts, and their parcels take a huge amount of time to go through customs, while the other couriers are usually pretty fast (2 weeks at the very most, instead of a month).

I use Evri on a regular basis and have never had any issues with them. Easy to use, take parcel to local Evri drop off shop and it is always delivered on time, sometimes earlier. 

Just got back from a week in France and much to my amazement my money has now been refunded. I did write to the CEO and fire off lots of details to them but it really is way more difficult than it should be to get a result

• Like 1