Peak District Breakfast Meet, Car Museum, Derbyshire, 10am, Sun 13th Aug

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

Hi,

I'll be doing the normal A38/A50 (DE65 6DX) pre meet and convoy at about 9am for a 920am depart.

Sadly, the route to the GBCJ isn't the best so will be A38 and A6.

If you are coming that way, feel free to come along 👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ali and me had a great time, good catching up with people after a few months. Hope nobody got too wet on the run home. Thanks as ever Julie for the invite. PS can you tell Glen that I’ve not shot the dog… yet. X

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative said:

Although I had booked us in for 10am the car park was chock full of scooters. They were booked in for 8am and should have left by 10am, we parked up in the overflow car park, it was weird though, in the space of less than 5 minutes they all suddenly got on the scooters and disappeared, what a fantastic sight/sound/smell/experience..

DSC03081.jpg

The cafe now empty, that was time for breakfast. Richard Usher (owner) came over to welcome us with an instruction to bring @Nick Algar with us next time. Perhaps if we have a committee meeting at the New Bath Hotel we could combine the two activities.

DSC03082.jpg

Here we are tucked away in the overflow car park, hopefully next time we can display in front of the museum as planned

DSC03088.jpg

15 cars, well done you amazing lot for coming out on a forecast of showers, thank you. We got one shower while we were in the cafe and another one on the run out as we entered Bakewell.

Here is Richard Ushers car one of only 9 left out of 1800 originally manufactured, the museum is full of interesting facts not normally found in car museums where they just show an example of the older more expensive rarities.

DSC03089.jpg

We took to the back roads, totally missed out Matlock Bath which might be full of scooters by now 😆 and landed at Quackers cafe

Andy kept up tradition with the cherry and almond blondie

DSC03090.jpg

We sat and chatted for a good long while enjoying the currently dry atmosphere

DSC03091.jpg

Welcome to the new members, I hope you felt included enough, we are a friendly lot and have no problem talking. It has been great to be back out on a club run after what seems an age, thanks for coming everyone.

Richard is a great guy and I've heard his new place is well worth a visit. Let me know next time your planning on going and I'll try and come and join you ;)

• Like 3

Thanks for another great day out guys , it’s been a long time 

But it all came flooding back,  I think @Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative  should be renamed Storm-chaser it’s not the first time she’s took us into doom and gloom.

Not long after this photo it got mildly moist 🙄

IMG_1105.thumb.jpeg.c0b1787b0082748c98c6854c197c7aab.jpeg

see you soon Andy & Becky

• Like 2
  • Haha 4