Multi Area Meet, POSTPONED Sun 30 July, Midday

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

We have got some coming from Yorkshire, but for some reason don't want to post on here!

Might have a couple of Cobras tagging along too if that's OK. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

@Robin Parker (Red Spider) - Yorkshire AO your Cobra friends will be made more than welcome. This is a meet for everyone and not restricted to members. The more the merrier.

• Like 4

On 14/07/2023 at 13:41, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman said:

I'll be heading over for this from Sandbach, so if anyone wants to tag along from there, just shout up!!

If I don’t do Newark next weekend I may just tag along with you Dave as I’m only the other side of Crewe.

• Like 3

It's a weather dependent yes from me too! ⛈️

• Like 4

The weather on Sunday is not going to be kind to us according to tonight's forecast so we might as well postpone this event until it improves when we can really enjoy a good day out.

Sorry folks, stay posted for a new date.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

• Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative changed the title to Multi Area Meet, POSTPONED Sun 30 July, Midday

What a shame, but perhaps wise.

• Like 1

(Though I have just cleaned and re-proofed my hood in readiness!! Yeah, I saw the forecast too.)

• Haha 2

Frustrating, but definately the correct call Julie. I still hope to meet you all at some point in the near future. (in the sunshine!)

• Like 2

Oh well F1 Spa it is then 😎

• Like 2

Good call. They gave 9% chance of a light shower this morning so out I went in a fleece, no waterproofs, and got drenched in a biblical level deluge between Matlock and home. Who knows what a forecast of 30% moderate rain showers would equate to tomorrow 😄

I am now steaming in the full sun in the back garden..... You have to love british summers.

• Haha 2

Typical, it's lovely weather in Leeds today, but who knows what it'll be like tomorrow. 

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Labrat said:

biblical level deluge between Matlock and home

We were parked up when the heavens opened in Matlock Bath today, we weren't as brave as @Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO and we went in the MX5

DSC03016.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Well !!! with the weather guys saying it was going to rain 🤔 it was out for a quick blat this morning so decided to see what all the fuss was about !

First to find the place 😜
IMG_0795.thumb.jpeg.e1dbb11c8e6c76f676529cbdcaea28b3.jpeg
then decide doorstep sarnie or cake?
IMG_0797.thumb.jpeg.bfbd5e69a540720b2ceb506130f9f6bb.jpeg

then get home before the rain 

IMG_0858.thumb.jpeg.f2167ad728c0e5d8194f71d627de63d7.jpeg

mission complete and ready to go again. Missing you all , catch you soon Andy & Becky

• Like 5