Sunday 2nd July at Quackers, Bakewell, DE45 1NY then Tatenhill Airfield open day

AndrewBClarke

Just in case anyone is interested, I’m planning on getting to Quackers, Bakewell, DE45 1NY for about 9.45am to have a look at the Lotus Club cars which are due to meet up there. After I am planning to move on the the Tatenhill Airfield open day DE13 9PD arriving there at about 12 noon. 
Big Bro is ‘up the tower’ at Tatenhill so no free flights at this event - sorry!!
If anyone would like to join in at either or both events, you would be more than welcome. 

IMG_5614.thumb.png.43ae7d7b77a14b032eac38903416e649.png

IMG_5613.thumb.png.1faf960973f2ff993691c7d79f5e5d4b.png

• Like 4

Sorry Andrew I can't make this one. Wish I hadn't made other plans. Have a great day

@AndrewBClarke we've got a few of the rabble coming. 

I'm meeting Lee at the A50/A38 services at 845, I think Steve and Glynn are meeting us at Quackers 👍

• Like 1

Sorry we didn't make it, throttle cable trouble on Lee's Megablade gave up the the ghost 10 miles away 🤦‍♂️😂

2 hours ago, Rob Hunter Derby & Notts AO said:

Sorry we didn't make it, throttle cable trouble on Lee's Megablade gave up the the ghost 10 miles away 🤦‍♂️😂

Sorry you didn’t make it. Hopefully Lee is fixed. 

• Like 1

Set off at 7.30am under blue skys. No push bikes so lovely drive to Quackers although the clouds did roll in and there was a little dampness to overcome. @Glynn Walterscaught me up in Bakewell (I must have been napping) and we drove into the Quackers car park. Somewhat surprised by the sight that met us as we arrived. Must have been 150 lotus cars of all colours and models. Brilliant. 
IMG_5616.thumb.jpeg.6b98d25d6dff5f6094a286ea5e33bf3c.jpeg

IMG_5615.thumb.jpeg.cec3a5e2261eff8d8f8c1a327d16d3c6.jpeg

Took a few photos before Gavin and Steve turned up making 4. @Rob Hunter Derby & Notts AOsent a note as someone in his group of 3 had an issue with an accelerator cable and they couldn’t make it. 
I sent some photos of the cars and cake to @Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative so she made haste and just caught us before we left so that meant another coffee😁

We all went out separate ways, so I carried on to Tatenhill Airfield for an Air Ambulance fundraiser which was blinking cold but worthwhile cause. 

IMG_5624.thumb.jpeg.22248fea33ef22492013ce60de8d7b67.jpeg

Nearly a 3 hour trip home arriving at 5pm. Lots of miles and smiles. 

• Like 3

We made it just in time to wave at Glynn and Steve as they left

DSC02578.JPG

All gone!

DSC02579.JPG

Luckily we caught Andrew and had a lovely coffee and chat in Quackers before heading off to Eyam where the locals told us 'all about these sporty cars that had been parked in their sports field' looks like we missed the Lotus again! 

Thanks for organising Andrew and we will see you sooooooon x

• Like 3