SEIW Cabin Space

dvd8n

This isn't the first time that we've had this problem.  She couldn't reach the pedals on a Ford Fiesta. 

The salesman's brilliant solution was for her to wear platform shoes...

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, dvd8n said:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

(Sorry, it's not funny really, but, well...)

My sister's 5'1" with size 6 feet, so she has a similar battle, sometimes.

Generally speaking, looks a nice car in a quick look at the photos, it does look like it might even have had inertia reels at some point - it has the rubber/plastic grommets for the belts to pass through, in the rear bulkhead, between the seats.

There's potentially a small, admittedly, amount of adjustment that might be possible, depending how they're set now, to swing the ends of the pedals slightly closer to the seat - depends how marginal it is. It also depends if the push rods for the clutch and brake master cylinders have been cut down, or are long enough.

I have similar problems with our daily cars, my wife is 5ft 4 and I'm 6ft 5.... fortunately she has no desire to drive the Westfield!

• Haha 1

Oh, and you're correct, those aren't Sport Turbo's, they're Westfield Sports seats.

They can be slightly tricky to fit, as the runners are not one unit on each seat, they have separate left and right runners for each one, so it's easy to bolt them in slightly misaligned, and find you aren't getting full travel, in fact sometimes if bad, the seat won't slide at all.

You may find, just spacing the runners up, by say 20mm, possibly moving them slightly further forward at the same time, clears the floor and chassis cross member better, and perhaps in conjunction with tweaking the pedals makes a world of difference.

PS the key thing isn't unusual. In a previous Westfield with race seats, I couldn't reach the key either once strapped up. I'm 6'1" with somewhat gorilla like arms!!

• Like 1

We ought to ask what our resident hobbit does to reach his pedals....

Cough, Kingster, cough. :laugh: :suspect: ;)

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman said:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

(Sorry, it's not funny really, but, well...)

I had to pretend to be outraged while trying unsuccessfully not to laugh...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, dvd8n said:

Years ago looked at a Lotus Elise for Wendz

She couldn't reach the pedals, & we were told Ronnie Corbett had had one with blocks of wood attached to the pedals!

@Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman your saying there’s someone shorter than @HB46443? On a seat adjusting note though I had some channel made so Hedley could reach the pedals and see over the aero screen of his car , they moved the seat runners 40mm forward and 30mm higher , great for the little guy but I didn’t look to see if the taller driver could still fit ! Cheers Andy

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, aeg said:

I had some channel made so Hedley could reach the pedals and see over the aero screen of his car

Ahhh, bless, that's so cute!!

• Haha 2

Aye, Hedley does sit a bit low in the seat, doesn't he!

image.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 26/05/2023 at 14:34, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman said:

We ought to ask what our resident hobbit does to reach his pedals....

Cough, Kingster, cough. :laugh: :suspect: ;)

🤣 fortunately, despite my reputation, I am not quite that vertically challenged! 

• Haha 1

Thanks @aeg  I am now the best looking, most talented member ever seen behind the wheel of a Westfield.

IMG_6027.JPG

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, HB46443 said:

Thanks @aeg  I am now the best looking, most talented member ever seen behind the wheel of a Westfield.

IMG_6027.JPG

Modest too 😜

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...

Paid a deposit today and I'll be picking it up next week (hopefully).

Cheers, David

• Like 4