Sprints/hillclimbs suitable for newbie bird

Mrs Westy

If you want wide , fast and plenty of run off then Croft and Aintree are the place to go. You can use all the power you dare!

Good luck

Mira's also pretty forgiving, your unlikely to do anything too bad there. Don't get to worried, Julie never bends it   :D  unlike Derek  :arse:  who can't stop bending it  :D

Id say goodwood aswell - was my first time last year, and it was fab - very fast, but wide too.  Mind you it was a perfect summers day, which may have biased my opinion somewhat.

Cant do goodwood this year as my cousin is getting married on that day, which is a shame, its the one i wanted to do the most this year!!!!

Have fun

chris

Goodwood is not wide. The track is, but there is b******* all run off at most of the places where you'd want/need it.

Where is Boscombe Down then

Just south of Amesbury, in Wiltshire.

There's a picture here.

The paddock is to the right of the right hand most building of the concrete area, and he track uses some of the feeder roads, and part of one of the large feeder roads. The track DOES NOT use any of the main runways, BUT it is still HUGE. Only Goodwood has higher speeds I reckon.......

Good photo, considering Boscombe Down is the UK's version of Area 51.......

To get an idea of scale, the plane in the picture here is about the size of a 737.......

Boscombe Down is the UK's version of Area 51

That's a new keyboard you owe me Blatman: mine's covered in coffee.

You really shouldn't believe some of the rubbish written on the internet about what goes on there........

Just seing how closely you "Men in Black/Blue/Khaki/Grey" are monitoring me these days.

Still quite close, by the looks of things.......I'm just trying to work out if the 24 hour delay is a political thing, or if the spooks are just tugging my chain again......   :0:0:p:p:D:D

Be a good chap and e-mail me that copy of the OS act again please. I think I forgot to sign the last one......

There's no such thing as a guarantee that you won't crash...!

All have their moments, as I so eloquently showed in the 2002 Club video....

Best fun to drive? Loton, MIRA, Goodwood, Shelsley Walsh...Least fun?Boscombe (full of nerdy scientist-types and a boring wide long track), Landow (because new people are more afraid of balking than focusing on performing) and Llys-y-Fran(because of the waiting around strapped in the car)

Bon chance!

Carillion Queen

Carillion Queen  :devil:  :D  :devil:  :D is that the new name for "Tarmac Totty"  :D  :devil:  :D  :devil:  :D

Joke for those within construction industry - sorry  :D  :devil:  :blush:  :D

Bet that car runs like it's on rails............

*Peers out of office window*

*Notes Carillion Queens' office light is off*

OK, it's safe to leave the building.......call me a cab.......   :D  :D  :D

call me a cab

O.K Blatman if you wish .............. You are a cab  :D  :devil:  :D  :devil:  :D  :devil:

Mr Stanton and Blatman...when you have quite finished taking the p**s out of my esteemed company....

Actually Mark, you are one of the few who know Carillion is the new-fangled name for Tarmac...so, Brownie point to you!

Actually Mark, you are one of the few who know Carillion is the new-fangled name for Tarmac

I oughta  :D  ;)  :devil:  :D and some of their smaller subsidory companies e.g Gotheridge and Sanders  :D  :devil:

Sounds so much more "professional" does Carillion don't it  :D  :D  :devil: Pity its the same hole diggers behind it all :D  :devil:  :D  :devil:  :D  :devil:

Get the Poclain ready  :D  :D  :D

Terence mentioned Croft & Aintree, along with using ALL the power....I know how much POWER you have & I only know a hand full of people able to use ALL of it!!!!!!

& Aintree would be a challenge as the car has the class record, so something to prove........

You need to get up north for the best venues & experience, the car knows the way OK, as long as Mark's towing it.

By the way I do  a good car washing service...but you won't need that unless Mr Boyce is driving it.

:D

I think Ash now has the 2B class record at Aintree.

Terence mentioned Croft & Aintree, along with using ALL the power....I know how much POWER you have & I only know a hand full of people able to use ALL of it!!!!!!

& Aintree would be a challenge as the car has the class record, so something to prove........

You need to get up north for the best venues & experience, the car knows the way OK, as long as Mark's towing it.

By the way I do  a good car washing service...but you won't need that unless Mr Boyce is driving it.

:D

Last time I took the car as far north as you it depreciated 50% in value ;)

Had no problem putting the power down at north weald apart from in the first four gears :love: