Sprints/hillclimbs suitable for newbie bird

Mrs Westy

So, I've registered for the speed series  :devil:

Which circuits would you recommend for a newbie?  And which to definitely avoid.  I'm thinking walls, trees, that kind of thing  :D

Three slappers is coming up soon, what's that one like?

Cheers!  Mrs W.

Last season was my newbie one. Loton is v scary. Lotsa trees/ ditches/ BIG rocks etc; so maybe not that one. 3 sisters is good but some areas have less than ideal run off. A good circuit though and I'd reccomend it. Scammonden is very short VERY steep but you get loadsa runs and it's hard to hit stuff. Ditto harewood as long as you dont hit the farmhouse.

Anglesey is an absolute MUST!!

Croft,Oulton Park Int Circuit(not in SS tho';), Jockhill and Olivers Mount are my fav's. Altho' I get this feeling I will not be doing Jockhill this year???

I don't like New Brighton,Scammondon and 3 sisters as it always rains and for me the're boring venues. As for scary.... Donnington(not in SS either) well 2 parts really  and they both involve high speed and you've guessed it...down thro' Craner Curves! a real pant filler!.  Especiallly when yor right foot will not listern to your brain!! The other place is at the end of the start finsh straight Redgrave... I'll brake now... no.. Now?....Now?.. oooh s**t!!......fhew got away with that! oh o god is that the Crainer curves? I must pit next time and visit the bogg!!:0  A great place if you get a chance do it!!

Buzz

I've just realised my avatar was taken at 3 sisters by Mike 'the sound of victory' Ashton of MAphotographic

Mrs Westy,

Take a long hard look at April on the WSCC calander - particularly the prat in the red car bottom left.  

Accidents will happen - this is why I am alive - thanks Dad.

Anglesey is an absolute MUST!!

What do you think Mrs Westy?

:D I've heard there's plenty of runoff there, Mr 4-spins a lap man  :p

For newbies in their first year try these

Curborough, North Weald, Llandow, Knockhill, 3 Sisters, Harewood, Ty Croes, Croft - all challenging in their own way but still forgiving

Ones not for the faint hearted = Shelsley Walsh, Loton Park, Llys Y Fran, Wiscombe.

All very challenging and excellent but sometimes daunting to an SS virgin  :D  ;)

Just get out there and give it a go  :D

I'd add Boscombe Down to the list of "must do's" 'cos there isn't much to hit....

Especially given Mr and Mrs W's location..........

I'd add Boscombe Down to the list of "must do's" 'cos there isn't much to hit....

Especially given Mr and Mrs W's location..........

...music to my ears on both counts...

Where is Boscombe Down then, there seem to be a lot of places called Boscombe.  I'm assuming it's darn sarf somewhere?!

(edit: it's Mrs Westy really, I just noticed I'm logged in as him outdoors  :p )

Harewood forgiving Mark?  - We've trashed a slack handful of cars there including mine.

Yep Boscombe is big and very wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide  :D

Kev - Harewood is forgiving for a hillclimb  :devil:  :D  ;) I had to think of one hill to include for newbies and harewood is the longest and widest of em  :devil:  :D  ;) and it hasn't trashed as many cars as llys y fran or shelsley  :blush:  :blush:

+ You can pratice at Harewood by entering the WSCC Yorks track day  :D  :D  :D

Boscombe is in Wiltshire innit? Not a million miles from Swindon anyway IIRC.

Andy

and it hasn't trashed as many cars as llys y fran or shelsley  :blush:  :blush:

mmmm, bust a car a Llys Y Fran too.

haven't bust one at Shelsley but only cos I went slowly so all the old farts that run it had time to get their brandy & slippers out before operating the timing gear & giving an excuse for a commentry.

Not at all bitter.  :arse:

Nor me  :angry:  :angry:  :devil:  :devil:  :angry: