Competition Car Logbooks

Nick Algar - Competition Secretary

Competition Car Logbooks

For all of you running cars with Competition Car Logbooks, please note the following and check that your Logbook has not expired. It’s actually been in the Blue Book since 2019 but has been missed by a few recently.

Section J

2.1.6. Competition Car Log Books first issued prior to 1st January 2000 will expire on 31st December 2020. CCLBs first issued between 1st January 2000 and prior to 31st December 2004 will expire on 31st December 2022. CCLBs first issued between 1st January 2005 and prior to 31st December 2009 will expire on 31st December 2023. All other CCLBs will expire on 31st December 2025. Once a CCLB has expired a new Vehicle Passport will need to be applied for. Until the date of expiry a CCLB may continue to be returned to Motorsport UK for amendment per 2.1.5.

• Like 1

• Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO pinned this topic
38 minutes ago, R_P_M_ said:

Is this something you need for mod prod?

Section S

9.1.7. All cars competing in Hill Climbs or Sprints must be presented for scrutineering with a valid Competition Car Log Book/Vehicle Passport or an MSA/Motorsport UK Recognised Vehicle Identity Document unless the car is currently licensed for use on the public highway and is competing in a road legal condition. The onus of proof rests with the competitor. (See 10.11.)

This is the key part of the Section S regulation, so most Mod Prod cars won't comply with this and will need a Vehicle Passport. 

Robert. I think Tim's car would have a Logbook to run in Mod Prod but you need to check the date on it

The logbooks are being replaced by Vehicle Identity Documents

39 minutes ago, R_P_M_ said:

Thanks, 2011 on the logbook so a few years grace yet! 

You can often get a Vehicle Passport at an event if you arrange it before hand with the Chief Scrutineer. So suggest you look at doing that towards the end of the year when it's needed the next year. Saves them coming out to your house etc. I've done that in the past.

• Like 1

I need a new one, cars not back together yet and cadwell is only 5 weeks away.

@Nick Algar @Terry Everall - WSCC Competition Secretary where do you find a local scruit that can do it, or can i try and arrange for the BARC scruit to sort it at Cadwell 

1 hour ago, Simon Waterfall Syman84 said:

I need a new one, cars not back together yet and cadwell is only 5 weeks away.

@Nick Algar @Terry Everall - WSCC Competition Secretary where do you find a local scruit that can do it, or can i try and arrange for the BARC scruit to sort it at Cadwell 

Simon, Login to Motorsport UK website and then you can see Officials and pick Scrutineers from that list. If your struggling then PM and I'll download it for you. ;)

This is the location, but you must be a competitor to get to it. https://members.motorsportuk.org/site/cms/contentChapterViewHosted.asp?chapter=200

Simon . Did you have a Logbook for car before?. What date was it issued? Have you just changed the engine?

11 hours ago, Nick Algar said:

Simon, Login to Motorsport UK website and then you can see Officials and pick Scrutineers from that list. If your struggling then PM and I'll download it for you. ;)

This is the location, but you must be a competitor to get to it. https://members.motorsportuk.org/site/cms/contentChapterViewHosted.asp?chapter=200

what seconary list do I choose image.png.060c7ca28b2c70804ac3079af5dc4b0f.png

10 hours ago, Terry Everall - WSCC Competition Secretary said:

Simon . Did you have a Logbook for car before?. What date was it issued? Have you just changed the engine?

terry 2008 so needs a new one at the end of this year anyway, current one will need updating with the new engine and also my name as I have never had it stamped for me as a new owner due to covid. think I need to send a new picture as well because of the change in appearance 

12 hours ago, Simon Waterfall Syman84 said:

what seconary list do I choose image.png.060c7ca28b2c70804ac3079af5dc4b0f.png

terry 2008 so needs a new one at the end of this year anyway, current one will need updating with the new engine and also my name as I have never had it stamped for me as a new owner due to covid. think I need to send a new picture as well because of the change in appearance 

Scrutineer Car or Scrutineer National, look through both and see who is close to you.

• Like 1