New AGM Battery, perfect alternative to the PC680 / Extreme Racing 25

Hawkemotorsport

Just thought I would announce that we have a new AGM battery tried and tested and now listed for sale (We will have a new lithium one coming soon as well but we are testing that at the moment) This is a perfect replacement for the PC680 / Extreme Racing 25 and for less money.

We use it on our Racing Supra and it starts it no problems at all. If you already have a cage for the PC680 we have found that most are compatible with this battery as it shares pretty much the same design and dimensions, and if you need a cage then the usual ones for the PC680 should work fine. We are making a nice billet Aluminium cage for it (Currently in a prototype) but that will be a few months away.

The battery also comes with rubber boots and m5 screws for the battery terminals.

We do have it on offer at the moment at £85.50 but for WSCC members you get an additional £5.50 off making it a nice round £80 plus P&P

Just use code WSCCBAT on checkout.

https://www.hawkemotorsport.co.uk/Store/electronics/batteries/raceseriesr68c

r68c-2-1000x1000.jpg

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

@Hawkemotorsport just want to say great service! 

Ordered this battery yesterday at 2pm and its sat in my dining room already!!

This arrived an hour after Royal Snail with some Christmas cards.... Today is Jan 6th!!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Glen_I said:

@Hawkemotorsport just want to say great service! 

Ordered this battery yesterday at 2pm and its sat in my dining room already!!

This arrived an hour after Royal Snail with some Christmas cards.... Today is Jan 6th!!

No worries, thank you for your order :)

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, MR.C said:

The old a Banner battery has died, my fault to be fair.

I assume you mean the 'standard' Westfield supplied-  530030. Why is it your fault? Haven't you charged it?

11 hours ago, MR.C said:

Will this battery replace the Banner?

You don't advise how you use your car? If it's just general touring/occasional road use. Do you really need a lightweight battery?

Do you already own a lead acid battery charger such as a Ctek? As you may find this type needs it's own charger? (Not wishing to do down the advert, product and price from @Hawkemotorsport).

11 hours ago, MR.C said:

Is 22ah enough?

For comparison- you can see the Banner Spec here- Starting Bull 53030

I discovered to my peril, the Banner item isn't maintenance free- 

I replace one only to discover even with top up and reduced charging, they still don't last. I did smile when I just read you comments in my battery based thread here- 

As you'll read I now recommend the Excide item and it's still working well.

Just make sure the terminal orientation of your incoming battery suits your installation as some have + & - on opposite sides. 

• Like 1