New Years Day, Carsington Water, 10am Breakfast meet

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

Meet at Carsington Water, Ashbourne, Derbyshire, DE6 1ST, 10am. As you enter the site park in the large car park to your right, it is the quietest one.

If you want to be guaranteed to be fed then please book with New Leaf Catering on 01629 540 363, or you can chance it, as normally at 10am it is quiet.

The Burton Car Club will be joining us as usual with an array of replica Ferraris and classic cars.

If it is raining then we will swap to the MX5, if it is dry we will be in the Westfield and will go for a run out afterwards. Come in whichever car you choose, but no tin tops on the run out please.

Who is joining us?

DSC00589.JPG

• Like 3

Fingers crossed. 

Hopefully finishing putting the car back together tomorrow. Just been too busy to spend much time on it, so abandoned the powder coating till after Christmas is out of the way.

• Like 2

So, this afternoon, cam cover rebuilt, plug and valve gaps checked while it was all off. Cover re-fitted, everything connected back up.

Engine started and run up to temp, to test. :yes:

Just needs a good clean now, but hopefully good to go.

Ive managed to get hold of a second hand cam cover really cheaply, ironically, because it’s been very heavily paint stripped ready for re-finishing, but someone abandoned the project. Perfect for me, cause it’s going to be re-powder coated anyway!

So I can finish modifying Stu’s old S2000 inlet manifold, (from the Gulf car), modify the new cover, and get them powder coated now, without needing to keep the car off the road to do it!

Then fit them in, (probably January now), as the Christmas postal strikes have slowed the delivery of some of the bits I need - vac take offs for the manifold, etc.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman said:

hopefully good to go.

Great news Dave, hoping to meet at Quackers next Sunday (4th Dec) if the weather Gods allow it.

May even get the Santa suit out for the Sunday before Christmas too!

• Like 2

Hopefully be there for Quackers, yeah wanted to be ready for Santa run etc..

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Caffeine and Machine want to open a cafe for car lovers at The Knockerdown pub which is at the entrance to Carsington Water

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/news/local-news/plan-turn-peak-district-pub-7899216

that would be welcomed

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Looks unlikely to happen although, ironically, the villages mentioned aren't short of powerful sports car owners, and are already places that you would pass through if out for a drive, so I can't see what the issue is, but then I drive a massively raucous, and hugely polluting V8 westy so I might be biased 😄

• 4 weeks later...

We have a handful of us coming along so will do the normal pre-meet at the A38/A50 services at 915am. 

Feel free to join us if you fancy a convoy 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Rob I'm in the tin top so I'll see you at Carsington 

• Like 3

So much for light cloud and 9% of 'light' showers! I was clay shooting at Middleton Top (about a mile from the meet) and the rain was biblical. I hope nobody was caught out in it with the roof down?!

• Haha 3

You hope in vain Luke! 

Not sure how those heading off home went on, but Julie, Glynn and I got caught full on in that. Had to stop and roof up when we realised it was more than just a quick burst.

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman said:

it was more than just a quick burst.

@Labrat it was a tad damp😁😄

wet.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 4