Westfield Sports Car Club on Facebook.

Robin Parker (Red Spider) - Yorkshire AO

Is the wscc facebook page open to one and all or just for fully paid up club members? 

• Like 1

One and all Ash, but of narrower scope than the forum, so no stuff that here would be members only, no sales, no commercial posts - except by Club Traders/Sponsors. The intent is to feed traffic both ways, Forum to FB, FB to Forum, along with trying to get area FB pages involved, where possible, for a more unified look.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman said:

One and all Ash, but of narrower scope than the forum, so no stuff that here would be members only, no sales, no commercial posts - except by Club Traders/Sponsors. The intent is to feed traffic both ways, Forum to FB, FB to Forum, along with trying to get area FB pages involved, where possible, for a more unified look.

Dave, as mentioned there are some negative comments happening on other FB pages (7spot as an example). Can the intent and end goal be clarified on these threads or in the FB page in any way to shut these comments down?

It certainly can, but we're still writing it, hopefully have it up on here as soon as possible.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman said:

It certainly can, but we're still writing it, hopefully have it up on here as soon as possible.

Thanks Dave.

Out of interest, is Rod Bromiley a member on here? He seems the most ‘put out’ by this for some reason.

1 minute ago, fatblokestu said:

Out of interest, is Rod Bromiley a member on here?

He was until April this year.

1 minute ago, fatblokestu said:

He seems the most ‘put out’ by this for some reason.

Very strange! Why can't we all share our passion for kit cars and Westfields in a constructive manner!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO said:

He was until April this year.

Very strange! Why can't we all share our passion for kit cars and Westfields in a constructive manner!

Agreed!!

• Like 1

I have noticed a tendency in some of these FB area kit car clubs to pointedly say that they are free to join/use.  Seems to me that perhaps some may see themselves as rivals to WSCC rather than allies.  Just my interpretation and apologies to those involved if I'm wrong 

16 minutes ago, Stuart said:

I have noticed a tendency in some of these FB area kit car clubs to pointedly say that they are free to join/use.  Seems to me that perhaps some may see themselves as rivals to WSCC rather than allies.  Just my interpretation and apologies to those involved if I'm wrong 

Agreed but we all know where the quality advice, knowledge and friendship mostly lies!

How many times have you seen examples  from non- Westie owners advising Westie owners to 'K-swap it', as K20's are so cheap and easy to get to 300bhp etc. Even though once you factor in the dry sump kit, gearbox adapter etc, it's not so cheap hence why so few have been done etc.

Best just let people make their own decisions and find out where they want to 'reside' on social media etc. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Stuart said:

there is a side to Social Media unfortunately, that is less pleasant. We hope to stay away from that within our own group.

• Like 1

Gotta love ..........the vociferous minority of keyboard warriors in the twitterbookspheregram ..... 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

One of my pearls of wisdom - a Colonialism, if you like - “I like humanity; it’s people I can’t stand”.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Now I'm a little confused and we all know I'm a little simple 

but why are there two wscc groups ? 

Screenshot_20221027-222530_Facebook.jpg

I'll let our Social Media Expert @HB46443 explain!

Also why is the Westfield sport car club page a person and not correctly been setup as a group ?

• Like 1