Scottish Gairloch weekend 16-18 June 2023

Scottish Westy

21 hours ago, Scottish Westy said:

Slight change of plans folks 

Gairloch is moving forward one week to 16/17/18 June 2023

Bookings aren't yet available but I've been asked to gather names, numbers and email addresses to pass to my daughter who will then provisionally book you all into the pods. Once booking is open it will be up to you to contact the caravan site to make your booking. This will be a first come first served basis.

Please dont post your email addresseson an open forum so DM myself or Gary Taylor to provide details that way

Hi , sent you a PM with details , I will be staying on a pitch as I will trailer the car , 4 nights Thursday to Sunday , is anyone else staying on the Thursday night ? It would be great to have a day out on the Friday as well 

14 hours ago, simon walton said:

Hi , sent you a PM with details , I will be staying on a pitch as I will trailer the car , 4 nights Thursday to Sunday , is anyone else staying on the Thursday night ? It would be great to have a day out on the Friday as well 

Hi Simon , not staying Thursday night but if your out for a run Friday head east from gairloch to Kinlochewe down to sheildaig then take the coast road to applecross ( lunch at the walled garden is good ) over the pass then you come to a T junction go right to Loch carron  then follow the road to achnasheen roundabout ( midgie bite cafe just to the right) go left and head back towards Kinlochewe as you crest the big hill there’s a great viewpoint on your right and on back to Gairloch

or

right at the roundabout and follow the road back to a T junction go left on the Ullapool road up over and past the dam and as you go back down hill go left at corrieshalloch gorge ( a wee wander to see it) and back round to gairloch this way

cheers Gary 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gary Taylor said:

Hi Simon , not staying Thursday night but if your out for a run Friday head east from gairloch to Kinlochewe down to sheildaig then take the coast road to applecross ( lunch at the walled garden is good ) over the pass then you come to a T junction go right to Loch carron  then follow the road to achnasheen roundabout ( midgie bite cafe just to the right) go left and head back towards Kinlochewe as you crest the big hill there’s a great viewpoint on your right and on back to Gairloch

or

right at the roundabout and follow the road back to a T junction go left on the Ullapool road up over and past the dam and as you go back down hill go left at corrieshalloch gorge ( a wee wander to see it) and back round to gairloch this way

cheers Gary 

Thanks for this , I have been on parts of it as it’s on the NC500 route , food and coffee at the midge cafe is good and Applecross is a loverly for place , good campsite to , I also understand that you are part of organising this , so that you 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, simon walton said:

I’m still awaiting confirmation on my own availability but it will be arrive Thursday pm and depart Monday am for me in the camper + car

• Like 1

Latest for Gairloch 16-18 June 2023

11 pods max as one already booked out to a returning customer

5 large pods Shiant, Staffin, Scalpay, Harris, Rona remain available

Gary Taylor +2 (Horrisdale)

Sy Grieg +1 (Trodday)
Jim Morrison +1 (Lewis)

Brian Hunter solo (Skye)
William Merrilees +1 (Longa)

David McManus +1 (Raasay)

Steve Harvey +1
Richard Rowlinski +1
Craig Wood +1

Robert Craig solo
Callum Reid solo
Stephen McIntosh solo
Paul Timson solo

Simon Walton (campervan no elec Thu-Sun)
Chris King (campervan no elec Thu-Sun)

6 hours ago, Kingster said:

I’m still awaiting confirmation on my own availability but it will be arrive Thursday pm and depart Monday am for me in the camper + car

Gary sent my a route that looks good to me for Friday , do you what the midge situation is at this time of year ? 

7 hours ago, simon walton said:

Thanks for this , I have been on parts of it as it’s on the NC500 route , food and coffee at the midge cafe is good and Applecross is a loverly for place , good campsite to , I also understand that you are part of organising this , so that you 

7 hours ago, simon walton said:

that

Thank 

4 minutes ago, simon walton said:

Gary sent my a route that looks good to me for Friday , do you what the midge situation is at this time of year ? 

There are some brilliant roads up there

Midge are dependant on weather conditions.

Normally quite breezy up there which helps keep the midge down. Also they like moist conditions, Wester Ross can have its own climate so can experience very dry or very wet spells when the rest of Scotland has the opposite

In short, we don't really know lol

If you're a smoker that keeps them away or use Skin so soft from Avon or Smidge, both supposed to keep the midge from biting

19 minutes ago, simon walton said:

Just drive quicker 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Apc1x said:

I’m up for this too! I’d arrive Friday afternoon then drive back to the northeast with @Kingsteron the Monday. I’d be car+roof tent and the westy on tow. Thanks!

PM your name and mail address. Thanks

For those of you that have provided an email, you should hear from the campsite shortly 

Thanks

• Thanks 1

😃 All pods are now reserved. 

Still plenty of space if you want to attend as 6 of the 11 pods are single occupancy 😃

• Like 1

Prices for Gairloch 2023 are finalised. Anybody that provided their email should be notified shortly

Please pay your deposit ASAP to guarantee your place and pod.

Balance is due no later than 4 weeks prior to the event

• Like 1