Peak District Run Out this Sunday 14th August.

AndrewBClarke

Are you mad enough for a trip out on Sunday??
Our esteemed leader @Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative is on back to back holidays so a novice is trying to plan a day out.
Several of us are getting together at Matlock McD (DE4 3AU) at 10am then heading off to Edale for lunch and then if that isn’t enough, the hardy ones are coming back for an ice cream in Cromford. 
Remember your sunscreen as Baz Lurman told us. Forecast wall to wall sunshine and over 30 degrees. Good time to be out in an open topped car!!

See you there.  

@Rob Hunter Derby & Notts AO
is organising an alternative trip out to Curbrough so you have a choice of entertainment. 

• Thanks 4

Thanks for doing this @AndrewBClarke, much appreciated 👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Would loved to of come but it's my Sons Birthday weekend so will have to be next time.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Nick Mucklow said:

Would loved to of come but it's my Sons Birthday weekend so will have to be next time.

I can't think of a better birthday treat than to listen to @AndrewBClarke lovely V8 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Well if I had a 4 seater Ki Car then yea but think it would create a few squabbles as in who gets the passenger seat lol.

• Haha 2

Thank you @AndrewBClarke , I am sure you will all have a fab time and hopefully not get too lost. I see you are pie hunting in Edale and I bet you have cake with that ice cream in Cromford!

Enjoy Curby @Rob Hunter Derby & Notts AO

Normal service will resume on the 21st for definite as I have to be home for a family matter. 

Love to you all, missing you xxxxxxxx

• Like 3

Sorry I am clay bashing tomorrow, hopefully before it gets too hot. I may try to catch you in Cromford for icecream later on,b ut it depends how the clays go really :)

Luke.

Have a great time everyone, you've certainly got the weather for it! 

Looking forward to the photos 👍

• Like 3

• Like 7

Great Day out thanks all for the welcome. 

9B2FCB65-C613-4CAD-9F18-931B04121644.jpeg

0FF9F1EC-E31E-4F71-9052-78E6257EE168.jpeg

• Like 8

Thanks @AndrewBClarkefor a great run around the Peaks. @Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative would have been proud of your great route planning. We both had a great day with great company. Though you didn't find a cow muck🤣you did find a narrow road with about twenty plus tractors coming towards us🤣the last one being the the biggest. Thanks again for doing a brilliant job today.

IMG_20220814_120545.jpg

IMG_20220814_120535.jpg

IMG_20220814_120529.jpg

IMG_20220814_102104.jpg

IMG_20220814_102050.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

What a day!!

Firstly let’s deal with the weather. It was blinking hot. Left home at 7.30am wearing shirt sleeves and shorts with no jumper. Just about ok. By the time we arrived at Matlock, shirt sleeves were getting a bit much. It only got hotter from there. Mad Dog Pete was living up to his nickname and dressing for -5 instead of the +30 and trying to look miserable when a camera is produced. 
1C7E8BD3-1229-497F-86FA-20DBA5102C00.thumb.jpeg.bf3763085c31a3767d2f0918a56686a2.jpeg

At Matlock McD, we were joined by Dave Eastwood, Andy Dowler with Co pilot Oscar, Andy Westwood with Sue, Martin, Ian Kinder and Steve Bosworth with Co pilot Vicky (hopefully got that right as hopeless with names!)

Ian left as he had family commitments and Martin didn’t come with us on the trip as his car needed attention and he had come in his tin top. 
Andy and Becky were going to come but poor Andy was not feeling good - I have commiserated and sent him a photo of our cake to cheer him up!!

So a convoy of 5 with no red ones for a change (they were probably all together at Curbrough) left Matlock and we made our way via the smaller roads to Edale and The Rambler Inn. 
It is tradition to park prettily for photos but Andy Westwood didn’t so his car didn’t make the cut. 😁
50415D4E-2E27-4A33-BA91-AC8B38FB3C28.thumb.jpeg.3079672b94d6ef93d392232816073185.jpeg

I don’t know how Andy Westwood consumes so much. Look at the size of his dinner!

A37162F9-B7C6-46C4-A0EB-98D7A1AC27F2.thumb.jpeg.f712ed46d5e7d20ee9e9bb14bb5789b0.jpeg

This is just the first course and he also ‘helped’ with Sue’s. 

A5B004CC-361E-4FC0-933D-1F526569ADF2.thumb.jpeg.e4c7d3b725ee122858b6d48daff3eabe.jpeg

After dinner Andy Dowler left and the remaining partly cooked nutters moved on again via the small roads to The Stone Centre in Wirksworth where cakes were consumed. 

C84214D9-1FB5-4DE1-911C-6B2AD6682302.thumb.jpeg.c3f620a09babbed89585435b9eb8c420.jpeg

0E1556CF-C877-4726-9D74-D0A5873121AA.thumb.jpeg.dbdc863e1f83b4a92eebc9fa92eda196.jpeg

I’m certainly not in the running to take over from our esteemed leader @Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative  and there was quite a lot of luck involved such as the prime parking being available at The Rambler Inn and getting to the Stone Centre 5min before closing time and finding the car park empty. Must just note that due to an IT hiccup on Saturday evening, my TomTom would not load the designed route. Hastily written crib sheets were made and Mad Dog Pete saved the day by constantly updating the route as we went. Couldn’t have done it without him. 
2 hour drive from Wirksworth got us home. 6hrs of Westfield driving in an oven. Nothing like it. 

Batton passed back to Julie when she stops pretending to be Alan Wicker and returns home for at least one weekend. 

Thanks everyone for coming. Hope you got home ok. 

• Like 9