2022 Awards Dinner

Terry Everall

As yet I have not arranged an awards dinner. There are several reasons for this but the main issues are the cost of B&B at hotel which has rocketed and also just how many people will attend as event turnout this year is not as high as normal

Please indicate if you would attend and with how many people

If anyone has ideas for a decent hotel in the Midlands please let me know

Attending

Terry Everall -2

In the village of Quorn just outside of Loughborough. There are a couple of nice looking hotels, namely ‘Quorn Grange’ and ‘Quorn Country’.

Date depending, I will be attending.

I would depending on date; I've missed you lot.. we cant do 2nd saturdays of each month

my absence from the track has been becuase i could only do 2/3 events this year with my commitments i just didn't renew my licence.... next year car will be fully roading going; but aim to be on the track but big headlights/carpet.

cheers 

panda

I'll come depending on the date. Weekdays are best.

I last used Wroxall Abbey about 15 years ago for a series of live in seminars for Birmingham City University and it was OK then! Costs look reasonable but it would need to be checked out. Dinner B&B is given at £135. https://wroxallabbeyhotel.co.uk/

Does it have to be a evening do?

I attended a lunchtime event earlier in the year and it was very enjoyable and different for a change!

It does not stop anyone who wants to from staying overnight!

Glutey

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John Williams (Panda) - Joint Manchester AO said:

I would depending on date; I've missed you lot.. we cant do 2nd saturdays of each month

my absence from the track has been becuase i could only do 2/3 events this year with my commitments i just didn't renew my licence.... next year car will be fully roading going; but aim to be on the track but big headlights/carpet.

cheers 

panda

I'm with my Panda Pal 😊

Steve Everall - 2 attending

Even though I am not taking part any longer I remember attending a super Hsa event at a room at the Brit motor museum at Gaydon. It was during the day and we had access to the museum. Very enjoyable and interesting. 

All ideas welcome but weekdays are difficult for people who work and as partners and wives go I am not sure a car museum would go down well. Hotel with B&B works well as people who travel and want a drink need somewhere to stay

Terry, me and Mrs H. would prefer not to have to stay overnight, but if the dinner is at a venue which we can drive to within around an hour or so we would support the dinner again.

• Like 1

Count me in (1), dependant on date.  Happy to stay overnight, would also support a lunchtime event if that's what people want.

On 20/07/2022 at 08:32, Richard Houlgate said:

I'll come depending on the date. Weekdays are best.

I last used Wroxall Abbey about 15 years ago for a series of live in seminars for Birmingham City University and it was OK then! Costs look reasonable but it would need to be checked out. Dinner B&B is given at £135. https://wroxallabbeyhotel.co.uk/

This doesnt seem to be an option anymore @Richard Houlgate https://www.warwickshireworld.com/news/people/owners-of-hotel-and-popular-wedding-venue-near-warwick-go-into-administration-3778081?fbclid=IwAR1Um-lTrAOiNHcqFMJ05dTUiA9vn9-KAe5bmj2l2B8kdj3UN2QjFThOUjg

On 20/07/2022 at 14:38, woodman said:

Even though I am not taking part any longer I remember attending a super Hsa event at a room at the Brit motor museum at Gaydon. It was during the day and we had access to the museum. Very enjoyable and interesting. 

I think the HSA had their awards do there last year and was an afternoon event. I didn't go but from what I can gather it was a good event.

20 hours ago, mark.anson said:

I think the HSA had their awards do there last year and was an afternoon event. I didn't go but from what I can gather it was a good event.

I went and it was great. They are there again this year