Le Mans offer of drive

windy

A colleage at work has bought Ian Stintons ex Le Mans Harrier and has been given some documentation about a championship which runs as one of the support races for the 24 Hr event in June. To do 3 races of a six race championship, one of which is held at Le Mans, all he needs is about 2.5K in entry fees + running expenses for the event. This sounds a bargain to me, what do you reckon?

It's a race which will enable him to compete with the old Jags & the rotary Mazda's etc. Mulsanne staight at 200 mph - yes please!   :D  Maybe I should get my license upgraded to share the drive :)

• 3 weeks later...

Graham

The Group C support race entry fee is actually between £4000 to £5000 with the proviso that at least two other races shall be entered  ;)  ;)  :D possibly include Spa and/or Nurburgring.

So it ain't gonna be that easy for a £2500 Le Mans quick fix  ;)  :D Support trucks and back up team are essential - additional safety measures are also being implemented due to high speeds and nature of the race

+ tis only a 30 minute race so shared drives possibly impractical

Invites have been issued to all drivers that currently support the Historic Group C championship  :D  :D

There are 2 WSCC members currently looking at options for entering the event  :D  ;) Hopefully with some good fortune and planning we might just see a WSCC sticker or two racing down the Mulsanne  :D  ;)  :D  :D  :devil:

There are 2 WSCC members currently looking at options for entering the event  

not sure dickie b's locost would be elligble ??????  :durr:

There are 2 WSCC members currently looking at options for entering the event  

not sure dickie b's locost would be elligble ??????  :durr:

:D  :D

But I reckon Roland's Dutton might be............

:devil:  :0  :devil:

Dickie B would have to take a puzzle book with him for something to do down the Mulsanne  ;)  ;)  :D  ;)

I have seen Rolands Dutton driving on the Le Mans circuit  :D  :D  :D  :D simply awesome  :D  :D  :D

I have to agree there. There are few more spectacular or evocative motorsport moments than seeing the Ratmobile being driven down the Mulsanne at full chat. Top drawer......

we might just see a WSCC sticker or two racing down the Mulsanne

Stickers? How do you get them then? If you would like to send me some Mark, you could have some going round the circuits in England if you like. Not quite Le mans granted, but its all us mere mortals can afford.

They are on their way  :D  :D

There are ways and means.

I think when they do 2CV endurance racing (yes, honestly), they budget for a number of engine changes. It can be done in something stupid like 15 minutes (there was an article about it in CD).

Andy

Would the ratmobile keep going for a whole 24 hours?

As long as its got some spare brake pipes at the ready :p  Also roland has a knack of setting fire to his cars when he feels like having a BBQ :D  so maybe he should carry a fire extinguisher. Fond memories eh Mark. :cool:

Fond memories eh Mark

Sure are Windy - excellent memories - we must do it again sometime  :D  :D  :D  :D

I hope Roland doesnt race it, I want that car!.  I asked the silver fox and he said I wouldn`t be able to afford it.  I`m sure I can scrape a couple of pennys from somewhere LOL

The Ratmobile will be returning once more for the 2004 Speed Series  :D  :D  :D  :D

The car is an enigma  :D  :D  :D  A Leg-end within the WSCC - long may it continue  :D  :D  :D  :D

Enigma  ???  ??? or was it enema  ???  ???  :D  :devil:  :D