Rush Motorsport goes circuit racing

TAFKARM

Race 2 from my view of things unfolding at the start, including a stupid 2nd to 5th shift

Race one mildly moist

Watched the lot. 

I bet the pair of you were buzzing. 😎 Both looked pretty good.. Russ's first race was a cracker. Second looked like fun, and other that the bad first lap looked enjoyable? Top ten finish could have been on the cards.

Simon, your car looked down on power as it did when Russ drove it.. am I allowed to say you're probably carrying more weight than Russ too? They were catching you on the uphill sections but your bravery through druids was gapping them. Stop going through the escape lane though. 😉 

Question. How does a race prepped MX5 feel compared with tired old Lionel? Similar, or night and day?

When's the next outing?

21 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Watched the lot. 

I bet the pair of you were buzzing. 😎 Both looked pretty good.. Russ's first race was a cracker. Second looked like fun, and other that the bad first lap looked enjoyable? Top ten finish could have been on the cards.

Simon, your car looked down on power as it did when Russ drove it.. am I allowed to say you're probably carrying more weight than Russ too? They were catching you on the uphill sections but your bravery through druids was gapping them. Stop going through the escape lane though. 😉 

Question. How does a race prepped MX5 feel compared with tired old Lionel? Similar, or night and day?

When's the next outing?

I was 56kg over the min weight allowed so definitely a factor. Druids really clicked with me in the second race and helped keep Chris behind from having a look into lodge.

Few highlights for me was the lunge into lodge in the second race followed by the run into old hall round the outside.

Definitely another outing on the cards at some point.

Same balance as Lionel really, especially now Lionel has fancy suspension (Lionel probably for sale btw, ideal track car for someone to hone your skills and get faster in the Westfield) 

The race car just lower (I was grinding chassis rails on the kerbs), lighter and stiffer. Corners flatter everywhere and the tyres are shaved so no tread block movement. The diff is a better ratio in the 1.6 too so feels pretty quick (for an mx5).

I've edited and reuploaded my vids now.

A friend of mine was running in car 58 so I was taking some photos and got these of you as well

The first race was a slippery by the look of it.

__6_5590.jpg

__6_5614.jpg

• Thanks 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Donington Darius debut at the weekend. Some niggles with the car meant I qualified P28/33. 

Got up to P17 in R1 but the niggles reappeared so I spent the second half defending hard and finished P21. 

Race 2 was a great fun, a bit spicy a times, but just means Darius looks like a race car now. Brought it home P16. There is a definite top 10 in the car /driver combo. Bring on Snetterton next month. 

9091BE8E-1A92-4A71-A684-102869E35D92.jpeg

A993D960-0DEB-4CC6-88D4-72E38F3E66FD.jpeg

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, TAFKARM said:

Thanks Andrew! You should join us…!

😀 Retirement racing eh!

I did have a short racing career about twelve years ago. I jumped into my son's race car and competed in two Scottish sports & saloons races. I enjoyed the experience but it all coincided with work redundancy. So sadly my progress through the formula to BTCC was prematurely halted! 😉 

There was a guy who’d done a bit of historic touring cars who’d flown over from Australia! He was 77! You’re only a couple of years older so you’ll prob be fine :)

• Haha 3

• 7 months later...

Following on from Russ's jump to the circuit and me dipping my toe last year, I have jumped on the circuit racing band wagon. I have the Close racing car Russ used at Oulton last year and had my first outing this weekend at Croft.

for your viewing plesure 

Race 1 crap start and lost a load of places but made a few back up 

Race 2, lost places but what a blast even sending one past @TAFKARM

• Like 1