What's it worth?

Beez

A friend of mine was building a Megabusa but has changed plans so wants to sell it. 

Any idea what this lot would be worth?

Megabusa chassis with everything plumbed except wiring.

Bodywork except bonnet.

Complete Hayabusa bike which has been put back together just to make transport easier, but was a good running bike. 

I can get more details. 

Cheers

Paul

IMG-20220131-WA0007.jpg

No offence meant to your friend but I’m seeing rust on the components and chassis in that picture as well as some ropey bodywork that doesn’t look to have been stored that well so I’m afraid I don’t think it’ll be worth a great deal as is.

rolling chassis I would say £1.5K as it is and then add the value of the engine.

Whatever it’s worth it’ll be more valuable splitting it and breaking for parts rather than selling complete.

Big factor is V5. If it needs an IVA then there’s a shed load more work needed to get it ready. 

It’s difficult to see, but the chassis looks rusty and the bodywork is not in the best condition - all of which makes it a cheap looking project

Might make a good track car but not worth a great deal as it stands.

I can get more details. 

It would be wise.

As Mark and Chris have pointed out, currently condition looks poor, and their are significantly expensive bits missing/needing sorting like the bonnet and state of the bodywork. Let alone the state of the chassis, which may need a full strip back and re-finishing to get rid of the rust, if the bits we can’t see are all like that.

The critical bit though, is does it have a V5? If it’s been road registered, it’s worth significantly more than if it hasn’t.

Nothing in the picture particularly indicates a build with “desirable” upgrades though, so if there nice bits, (they won’t add huge value, but will make what’s there more desirable), it’s good to know.

Does it have a wiring loom? Does it have the Westfield manufactured ‘busa installation parts, (gear shift, clutch parts, mounts etc - I think I can see the upper mounting frame), as if it doesn’t, these are mainly no longer available from Westfield, so would need re fabrications, or sourcing elsewhere.

What about wiring loom? Again, it’s some years now since Megabusas were discontinued, so if the bits aren’t there… it’s make new time.

If it was on the road, what happened? Crash? Blown engine? Why a full rebuild needed? If anything other than drive line damage, which we know has a replacement, what’s been done to fix it?

I won't comment about a price, but if that was mine I would be stripping it and selling the chassis with a V5 ( if it has one) , then sorting out the bodywork and parts and putting them on here. Given what I see parts selling for, I would expect all the 'parts' to be worth more than item as one piece.

But then that option is a lot of work and time.

Thanks to Paul for raising this thread on my behalf, it was appreciated as I didn’t know where to go with the project. 
All the points raised are very valid and honest. The chassis doesn’t have V5, I bought it off a friend in need of money and paid full value (as you do for friends) Paul took me out in his and the decided to build it, bought the bike and stripped engine out and was going to use the loom. Project has sat for at least 3 years, I gave several other projects taking priority and I decided by the time I built it I would still prefer my M3.

I’m not looking for top money, I could do with the space and if anyone was wanting to start a project 80% of the parts are there.

Thanks again for all your responses 

Mike

So a track only car then.

No idea if this member got sorted or not, could be worth trying to make contact ?.

4 hours ago, revs500 said:

Thanks to Paul for raising this thread on my behalf, it was appreciated as I didn’t know where to go with the project. 
All the points raised are very valid and honest. The chassis doesn’t have V5, I bought it off a friend in need of money and paid full value (as you do for friends) Paul took me out in his and the decided to build it, bought the bike and stripped engine out and was going to use the loom. Project has sat for at least 3 years, I gave several other projects taking priority and I decided by the time I built it I would still prefer my M3.

I’m not looking for top money, I could do with the space and if anyone was wanting to start a project 80% of the parts are there.

Mike

Thanks for the open and honest update.

I'd suggest you join up as a 60 day trial membership for a tenner- 

You'll then be able to post more pictures and better descriptions of the parts etc, which should help you get a better price for them. Hence a tenner well spent!

Good luck with the sale.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, revs500 said:

Mike

No worries always really good information and helpful guys on here. 

I'm interested in this if you want to drop me a whatapp message on 07523249617 because send a couple of messages and they have not been read 

1 hour ago, Rednop1 said:

I'm interested in this if you want to drop me a whatapp message on 07523249617 because send a couple of messages and they have not been read 

As a trial member he can't use PM's @Rednop1 Perhaps better to PM his friend @Beez I'd not leave your mobile number up too long, else you'll get spam txts etc.

Sent both a pm 

4 minutes ago, Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO said:

As a trial member he can't use PM's @Rednop1 Perhaps better to PM his friend @Beez I'd not leave your mobile number up too long, else you'll get spam txts etc.

Sent them both a pm

👍🤙

• Like 1