NEW SPANISH (Alicante) MEMBER

Fernando

Morning, I am a new member to the club, I got my Westfield Sei narrow body 1.6 crossflow engine last June 2021.

Firs of all, apologise for my English, I am from Spain and I live here  so even the distance I think is very useful joining this club as its very impressive the amount of technical information here. I am not a mechanic, I am engineer therefore  I am sure I will need assistance from all of you, and I would like to try to do my self all I am able to do.

This car has been in spain since 2000, I bought from a Catalonian guy , therefore the plate with B (Barcelona).

I had been looking ofr a westfield during a couple of years, however all cars I found were left right driver position, and this was the only one with right drive drive within budget  that I could afford.

The car has a few things to improve like the brake pedals, rear brakes , in fact it failed pass the ITV (Spanish MOT), so this would be my first topic.

Here you have some pictures of the car.

DSC03603.JPG

DSC03619.JPG

IMG20210704090319.jpg

IMG20210807124606.jpg

• Like 4

Hola @Fernando You'll find lots of great advice on here and don't worry about your English! It's already better than our Spanish expert @maurici 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Welcome @Fernando, firstly your English is infinately better than some our our English members ( no names mentioned :p) and secondly it's great to see another Crossflow powered car in the club, not only that but one with swept wings 👍.

Looking forward to trying to answer your questions, and you won't find a better place to find answers.

Oh and there is no such thing as a daft question, just daft answers ....

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO said:

Hola @Fernando You'll find lots of great advice on here and don't worry about your English! It's already better than our Spanish expert @maurici 😉

Sadly @maurici is no longer a member. 

Welcome to the club Fernando!

• Like 1

@Fernando are those tyres 80 sized profile ?, just asking as mine are 70's and I feel they don't look right, to me yours do.

1 hour ago, Richard (OldStager) said:

@Fernando are those tyres 80 sized profile ?, just asking as mine are 70's and I feel they don't look right, to me yours do.

Hi Richard my size is 185/70 13¨ wheel, are very old and need to be replaced.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ah, thank you, mine are 165 x 70's , your extra width makes it look like they are 80's 😃.

• Like 1

Welcome to the club Fernando ,  such a lovely westy and in the best climate too . 

• Like 1

Thanks all,

I am try to create a new topic inside  FAQs but seems i don´t have permission to write, 

do yohave any idea how to manage to allow  me access?

Thansk in advance

image.png.906b745fc9aac05a3405b05acb599e86.png

You need to put it in tech talk, only mods can move things to FAQ