WSC Webshop

Westfield Chesil Parts Dept

Hi Guys,

We asked you all a while back for some feedback on the changes and updates we had made to the shop and had some really positive feedback from what we had done.

We are asking again if there is anything else we can improve on or anything that can be added or changed to make the shopping experience the best it can be for you all.

Please let us know and we will set out to try and do our best to fulfil requirements

Thanks as always

WSC Parts Dept 

• Like 2

Hi guys - did you get my email last week about the Momo steering wheel horn retainer ring?

Hi Steve, 

Yes thanks, we are working on this at present.

Ideas like these do help us a lot, so anything else you find missing or something that would improve the shop please let us know.

WSC Parts Dept

• Thanks 1

Service from the Parts team is usually great, and I think you'd be hard pushed to improve on it much. Similarly, I find the webshop easy to navigate.

As for items to add I'll have a think.

Perhaps there is scope to "join up" a bit more with the technical guys and other feedback received, with the aim of making item descriptions more accurate.

There might not actually be many that need improving but one I am aware of is the LED headlights which are claimed to be IVA compliant but they aren't, and it seems that they aren't strictly a "direct replacement" as stated in the description, as wiring mods seem to be required.

One item I'd love to see back, is the old driver and passenger footwell mats, with a range of sizes to suit the current chassis range. They were really nice, especially with the thickly padded soft style drivers heel pad. I used to have a set for the previous car, but of course they didn't fit the S2000 chassis. (note, I means the proper mats, not just the regular carpet set).

These were my old MT 75 set, factory price was £38 plus P&P back then. Worked over the top of a full carpet set, or in place of one.

image.png

• Like 2

Thanks for all the feedback guys.

We will action what we can on the requests.

We are constantly updating the special offers and clearance section on shop so please keep checking them.

We don't want to keep spamming messages on here but try and update it every week or couple of weeks.

https://parts.westfield-sportscars.co.uk/index.php?route=product/category&path=28_90

https://parts.westfield-sportscars.co.uk/index.php?route=product/category&path=28_167

Thanks again and anything else you find wrong or want to highlight to us please let us know.

Kind regards 

WSC Parts Dept 

Would it be possible for you to have a look for a solution for the 100s (or perhaps even 1000s) of Westfields out there that have obsolete concentric slave cylinders in their MT75s?

Well brought up @Stuart this is one of those jobs that I know I will need to tackle before long. There just doesn’t see to be a solution, not without major changes anyway. 

I would by the part straight away if available again. 

Hi @Stuart and @Jack T

Unfortunately the spacer is no longer available however, a proposed alternative/solution was advised by a member in the thread below. This has been installed on a number of vehicles and we have been advised it works.

Trust this is of use to yourself and other members.

Thanks for this and those parts may well be useful. I think it is the slave cylinder it’s self as well that is impossible/hard to find? Possibly from a Ford Scorpio originally? The slave is the part that generally fails and then leaks I believe. 

5 hours ago, Westfield Parts Dept said:

Hi @Stuart and @Jack T

Unfortunately the spacer is no longer available however, a proposed alternative/solution was advised by a member in the thread below. This has been installed on a number of vehicles and we have been advised it works.

Trust this is of use to yourself and other members.

Thanks for that, but unfortunately it is about a cable clutch and my question was about the very many Westfields out there with hydraulic clutches in MT75s. For which a replacement slave cylinder is no longer available. I know a little bit about this - please see my answer to @Jack T below 

14 minutes ago, Jack T said:

@Stuart can you recall what the slave was from originally? Was it a Scorpio one or am I dreaming it? 

@Jack T it was from a Ford Scorpio petrol variant. There is still limited availability of the ones from diesel Scorpios. Whilst I believe these have the same throw and bore, the feed and bleed orientation are very different. I wondered therefore if WSC might be able to come up with a kit using a more modern (and widely available) concentric slave complete with a new feed arrangement and a remote bleed nipple. If not there's a few hundred (or perhaps many more) Westfields gonna be stuck pretty soon. 

Thanks @Stuart useful info for when the day comes. 

Part of me thinks just swap the MT75 for a type 9 but it seems excessive for what should be a an easily replaceable part. Also I do like the feel of the MT75 even if it’s ratios aren’t ideal. 

@Westfield Parts Dept it would definitely be a really useful thing to look into. I’m sure you would have many customers with all the hydraulic MT75 setups you must have supplied over the years.