Another Newbie

Euan Hoosearmy

Hi

Have been lurking for a while, but my Westfield arrived today. It's a 1998 SEIW that's had one owner from original build to now.

I'm based near Alton in Hampshire, hope to see a few of you around when the weather brightens up.

I'll be bunging a load of fairly basic questions up in tech talk sometime over the next few days... have learnt a lot already from trawling these threads!!

• Like 4

Welcome from the South East 👍🏼

3 hours ago, Gary Taylor said:

Welcome and hope you have a lot of fun with her. But we do like a picture or two …..

I would share some but the forum software isn't playing nicely... have tried a couple of file share links and it doesn't like them....  😞

4 minutes ago, Euan Hoosearmy said:

I would share some but the forum software isn't playing nicely... have tried a couple of file share links and it doesn't like them....  😞

Photos can be added here, but due to a current forum glitch, any pics posted have to be around 2mb in size ( or so I've found).

Welcome by the way, hope we have a decent summer for you.

1 hour ago, Euan Hoosearmy said:

What I do on an iphone is select pictures as normal, then at the bottom of the screen click show pictures , which brings up the image below, click actual size , select as required and then add them

hope that helps654D808D-D4B5-492A-B6F2-6B7223D9A677.png.fb9034b1f7d330d6448ed7a8e3f2e81b.png

I only get an "Inset image from URL" option... is the same on both my phone (android) and my laptop.

Just now, Euan Hoosearmy said:

I only get an "Inset image from URL" option... is the same on both my phone (android) and my laptop.

Do you not see this

Drag files here to attach, or choose files...

Accepted file types: jpg, pdf, doc., docx, xis, xlsx, gif, jpeg, bmp, png, PNG, JPG, JPEG, PDF, DOC, DOCX, XLS, XLSX, GIF, BMP, Rtf, Stl, zipx, zip, ZIP, ZIPX

For me, the option to post from a url is via a pull down menu on the bottom right

No is as that control is blocked in my browsers... am using Chrome on my phone and Edge on my laptop. I would put up a screenshot but it's tricky.... 🙂

That bar with the drag and drop is just pale blue with the "Insert Image from URL" button

Oh, I don't use either of those browers as on Firefox myself, not sure what the answer is yet. i'll try Chrome on the ipad and see what happens to me.I can always delete it so no bother.