Gopro

JamesGN

That was a mistake filming in 4k… hopefully my laptop will at least allow me to scale the quality or something to make the videos better handleable.   It’s a shame the app does not give that sort of option when downloading the file. 

A kinda cheat in order to share / edit the videos without dealing with the huge file size was to play on iPad from the GoPro and screen capture the videos.. I know I’ve lost a load of quality but, editing and sharing bits with friends has at least been easy and  served as enough to get on with.     Naturally it’s a learning process and I need to experiment with lower and lower formats on the GoPro to get a balance of picture quality and usability.     My laptop is quite old , I have no intention of spending £££  on a better one just be able to edit a few action pictures..      Having an action cam for the summer and  being able to record some driving, track days, paddle boarding, cycling, etc will be nice… I’m not really looking or interested in making quality edited films which have definition for big tellies… but being able to record to iPhone quality and being able to share/ post/ to friends or simply record the memory is enough.     For most stuff I could use an iPhone. Just my son bought me the GoPro and I’m compelled to use it. 

I've just bought a cheap and cheerful ChoPro (Akaso EK7000); does anyone have any recommendations for simple-to-use (and hopefully free) video editing software?  I'm on Windows10, and I'm not having much luck with the 'as supplied' Microsoft tool.  I don't need to do much... cut and splice, plus add some music perhaps.

19 minutes ago, IainCameron said:

I've just bought a cheap and cheerful ChoPro (Akaso EK7000); does anyone have any recommendations for simple-to-use (and hopefully free) video editing software?  I'm on Windows10, and I'm not having much luck with the 'as supplied' Microsoft tool.  I don't need to do much... cut and splice, plus add some music perhaps.

I'm still trying to figure out what a ChoPro is 🤔

6 hours ago, Flying Carrot Steve said:

I'm still trying to figure out what a ChoPro is

'Chinese GoPro'.   I could have said 'ChoPlo', but I'm sure someone would object.....😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2