extra wide carbon skinned wheel arches

harrypotter

I'm having some carbon fibre skinned wide rear arches made for me (2003 wide body). Approx width 285mm. 

Price to be agreed but very very reasonable.

Pm me if interested in having some made and I will firm up a price based on numbers.

Edited by harrypotter
redescribed

• harrypotter changed the title to extra wide carbon skinned wheel arches
  • 4 weeks later...

Anything happen with this? I’m needing some wide arches so looking at options. 

There’s not exactly a hard and fast definition, as the term gets bandied about fairly loosely. It’s usually taken to mean a non structural, cosmetic only layer of carbon fibre over a (fully structural) support of something else.

The structural core could be GRP, metal or something else.

Carbon fibre components with an internal layer of core mat, or similar to add thickness without weight, but which still get their strength from the outer carbon shell are “just” known, generally  as carbon fibre! If you see what I mean.

I am guessing this one is a dead end! On to plan B!

21 hours ago, Rush Motorsport said:

Wingardium Carbiosa! @harrypotter

Oops I'm not paying attention. Sorry. 😟

Mr Eastwood is as usual right on the ball. The wings are to be fibre glass with a carbon layer on top for cosmetic reasons rather for light weight.

Mine will be made for me in 4-5 weeks approx.

PM me if you would like more info. Thanks

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.