• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Bike engined cars

Nick.Petty

Oh and with regards to the reverse box, they are traditionally a weak point on BECs so listen out for excessive noise and vibration coming from the transmission tunnel and check to see if it's been topped up with oil if possible. The noise / vibration thing is obviously subjective cos all BECs vibrate and make lots of transmission noise, but despite that they should never really shake or feel like anything is out of balance which is something you might feel if the reverse box is on the way out.

Chris

sorry have no idea who keith green is and didnt see anywhere in the thread that the car was yellow .nick do check the clutch for slipping mines just cost me 750 for basket bannet kevlar clutch hd springs and labour .

Many thanks all - it does look like a very nice machine, seeing it tomorrow. I've got a good feeling .... but SWMBO is getting twitched at the thought of all that ££££££££££

Incidentally what sort of performance am I looking at - it is giving 135bhp currently but presumably lighter than a CEC so will be quicker than my old 135bhp 4age ?? Has got a 3.36 lsd.

Nick.

Yep it will certainly be quicker than a 135bhp CEC, it will probably about 100kgs lighter than your old car at a guess. In a staight line a 'blade BEC is probably equivalent to a CEC with about 180-190bhp, but round the corners and when braking you should always theoretically have a small advantage over any CEC because of the lack of weight.

It will also feel even quicker than it is because of the noise and the revs, and an aeroscreen will further increase that perception if you are used to a full windscreen.

Chris

westfield in their brochure recon 4 secs 0-60 i have a subaru sti7 with 305bhp and i would say that the blade is faster more fun and i know whitch id get rid of first ,id just have to drive me white van or the wifeys car if it was really raining.ill never forget my passenger ride in the car i bought awesome.thanks to markus h for that extra little push i was dithering on the edge of westy hood

why the tongue biting encouragement

Tongue biting, 'cos it's a BEC, which aren't my cup of tea personally, and I traditionally argue against them. However, Keiths car is, as stated, a top bit of kit, so if you have a hankering to buy a BEC, you will do very well. It's a nice car, and one that I've not managed to get ahead of......yet........

Sorry for the confusion  :down:  :down: