• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Rover V8 Replacement!

S13RUM

Now that Rover have ceased production or their V8 engine and i believe that Morgan have purchased the remaining units, does anyone know what Westfield will be offering in its place?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mike H

• Buzz Billsberry

• Bazzer

• Martin Keene

VW V10 diesel :p

Ummm...wouldn't you need two Westy's side by side to get one of them in? :D

I've seen coverage of the V8 bike engine in Circuit Driver recently, they seem to think it'll be a good power unit.

Not sure how it compares in terms of power / torque to the Rover monster though...

Andy

why not a subaru sti engine flat four burble and highly tunable 264 bhp straightout the box 305bhp with only a remapped ecu

The V8 will continue to be manufactured and supplied for warrenty purpose's and spare's for Land Rover (Land Rover have to be able to guarentee supply of engines for the next 10 years remember) and therefore you would have to assume the company looking at producing them will continue to flog them to other people.

The company I work for produces a number of components for the current V8, and we are currently talking to a company called Mitchell Cotts outfit about continuation of supply. Incidently I also have the drawings for the head and block on my desk to look at a machining cost for them. Land Rover will stop producing them and the new outfit need a source... but we're a loooooooong way from producing them before someone asks for a spare... :D

edited to correct some shocking spelling...

Given that almost every part of the Rover V8 is already available from aftermarket manufacturers, I don't think Rover V8's will suddenly disappear from the kit car world.  The only thing that you can't get 'aftermarket' is the block AFAIK - so if Martin's company can pull it's finger out ;-) us V8 builders/owners will be fine for a few years yet.

Alternatively as Markg says, the Chevvy LS1 would probably fit. But at 350bhp or so as standard it might be a bit much for some.

Having said that - will Westfield continue to build the SEiGHT? I dunno, maybe not as factory cars, but I don't see why they should stop doing kits.

cheers

Mike

warrenty........guarentee

edited to correct some shocking spelling...

Missed a few Martin.  :p  :p  :p  :D  :D

David

yeah, yeah... just couldn't type this morning...  :D

blame it on yesterdays 300 mile scenic tour of the west midlands... don't ask!  :down:

The only thing that you can't get 'aftermarket' is the block AFAIK - so if Martin's company can pull it's finger out ;-) us V8 builders/owners will be fine for a few years yet.

The blocks and heads will be carry on in production somewhere... we are one of 6 companies working on it.

:D

The only thing that you can't get 'aftermarket' is the block AFAIK - so if Martin's company can pull it's finger out ;-) us V8 builders/owners will be fine for a few years yet.

The blocks and heads will be carry on in production somewhere... we are one of 6 companies working on it.

:D

Good news.

FWIW Real Steel has been promising new heads with an 'improved' design for a while but nothing has materialised yet.

cheers

Mike