Run to the Sun, Saturday 19th June.

Robin Parker (Red Spider) - Yorkshire AO

After missing a year, the Run to the Sun is back. It'll be a bit different this time. 2019 saw us going to the Ship Inn at Sewerby, but as they had a wedding on, they didn't really seem to want extra meals to cook. So this year it's fish and chips at Hornsea!

We'll meet at Rothwell Sports Centre at 4 pm, join the A63 at Garforth,

on to Selby,

then the A163 to Holme on Spalding Moor,

A614, A1079 to Market Weigton then Beverley,

A1035 to Leven,

And finally the B1244 into Hornsea and a sea front chippy. 

How does that sound?

• Like 1

Me and Deb’s will be joining you Robin 😁

• Thanks 1

One week to go. 

So far there's me, @Breakable?, @Jonboy, @Johno, @Never Too Old and Gary in the Cobra. 

Anyone else?

Hi Robin.

I am unable to get out of a previous appointment so I am unable to come tomorrow.

Hope you all have a great day.

• Sad 1

Looking good for this afternoon. 

Route as in first post, but with a short diversion to Squires to pick up @Barnsley John , @Breakable? And @fishachuck.

First long run for a while, and a good one. 

8 cars started out heading through Selby, Holme on Spalding Moor, where we picked up another, Market Weigton and Beverley, passing the race course and then on to the coast. Arriving at 6pm was good and bad. Free parking and toilets closed. More loos found a short walk away with a fish shop close by. Sitting in the sun with a bit of banter going on. After an hour, we set off for home, trying to take the same route, but something went wrong and we ended up on the one road we were trying to avoid, the M62. It was quicker though .

20210619_180525.jpg

20210619_191302.jpg

• Like 6

Looks a great evening @Robin (Red Spider) - Yorkshire AO. I hope @Barnsley John was on his best behaviour and also managed to get a fish and chip supper for two for a flver. 

• Haha 2