New Owner

Rick W

Good Morning All,

I am a new owner of a Westfield Kit Car and I need some advise if possible regarding parts and where to look..

Firstly I am looking for someone in Cheshire to look over the car and give it a check over.

I would also like to purchase a spare wheel and a boot cover, and half hood.

Possible re spray of the bonnet as it has cracks in the gel which I would like repairing.

Any guidance gladly received.

Regards, Rick 

• Like 2

:ww:@Rick Wrenc You've just missed our monthly meet last Thu, it was very well attended to. The next one is on the 1st July.

I'd suggest you stick an advert in the wanted section for your parts and you'll hopefully find what you need.

They'll be more details in the events section closer too. 

Most decent body shops can paint fibre glass. Though it's hard stopping the cracks once they've started etc. Have you got any pics? 

I'll look forward to seeing you at a future meet.

Best regards,

Ian

Welcome @Rick Wrenc it may help if you narrow down where abouts in Cheshire you are. Looking forward to seeing you out and about hopefully.

55 minutes ago, Rick Wrenc said:

Im in Knutsford

Ideal. You'll know the Golden Peasant, then at Plumley and you're likely to have heard our Honda Hooligan @Si.Dalziel 😃

• Haha 1

Welcome Rick, as the others have said, you're most welcome to come along to one of the regular Cheshire and N. Staffs Area meets - they're the first Thursday of every month, usually at the Golden Pheasant, Plumley.

For things like boot (tonneau) covers and half hoods, you have a few choices, but unless you want to get something made from scratch, by a local trimmer, then the most popular choices are a company called Soft Bits for Sevens, or Westfield themselves. Soft Bits make all their gear in-house, so probably have more options and a bigger range than WSC Ltd, (Westfield). Note, you'll need to know what body style of Westfield you have - I'm assuming traditional, as you ask about a spare wheel! and what sort of roll bar you have - as there are different versions of half hood to suit the different bars.

If your not sure, just pop a picture of the car, showing the roll bar up, and we can tell you!

Hi Dave,

Its a Wide body and I know its a RAC Roll bar.. Anywhere you suggest for servicing etc?

A lot tend to do the basics themselves, and if you're not sure, but want to try, there will be plenty of help, advice and guidance on here!

Otherwise, BLiNK Motorsport over in Winsford know Westfields very well, and have done all sorts of work for owners, from minor maintenance work, through full geometry set ups of the suspension, to engine upgrades and even the odd full rebuild.

Do you know what engine is in it Rick, does it have a cat convertor?

2 hours ago, Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO said:

Ideal. You'll know the Golden Peasant, then at Plumley and you're likely to have heard our Honda Hooligan @Si.Dalziel 😃

Erm…… well I can’t argue with that!

I can also thoroughly recommend @BLiNK Motorsportthey did my GEO and I’m sure they would give it a good once over for you. You may want to book sooner rather than later as they are always pretty busy but know westfields well.

• Haha 1