• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Road going single seater

Jan Coombes

OK bit of a mad idea, but how can I get round the SVA to get my single seater road legal.

My thinking is buy some old cheep rusty kit car, off ebay, transfer the reg accress, a handbreak here, light there.

Boom happy sunny day, well untill you come across a speed bump.

There was an article in CCC (I think), where some-one had done just this. IIRC, he registered a Van Diemen RF82.

Not sure if it was pre SVA rules though. It may be worth checking to see if single occupancy vehicles have some sort of SVA exemptions that we don't know about..........

Don't think there are any specific exemptions for single seat vehicles. But one major plus point is that the entire interior is within the exempt zone a measured distance from the steering wheel! :t-up::)

Any idea what copy of CCC it was, I though they folded, so I guess I can't buy it

I'll see if I can find the issue.........

Any idea what copy of CCC it was, I though they folded, so I guess I can't buy it

I'll see if I can find the issue.........

You just love searching don't you................ :devil:  :p  :D  :D  :D

I much prefer searching the internet to my back issues collection, tbh. I'm bound to find out that my archives need dusting..........

Blatters you wanna see mine weve had the builders in for the past 10 weeks EVERYTHING is covered in dust. :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:

As you might imagine Mrs Nana's ain't happy. :(

Tell her to get dusting then :)

Andy

Andy

Oh bl**dy hell get ready to duck Andy

As you might imagine Mrs Nana's ain't happy. <!--emo&:(

Andy

I might be Brave but I ain't stupid...................... :oops:

Oh bl**dy hell get ready to duck Andy

Bah, these women should know their place...

(fx: looks round worriedly in case the Welsh Wizard should happen upon this thread...)

Andy

There was an article in CCC (I think), where some-one had done just this. IIRC, he registered a Van Diemen RF82.

Not sure if it was pre SVA rules though.

I remember a road legal Van Diemen - pretty sure it was a few years ago and one of the chaps from "upt norrrth" who came to Le Mans had bought it (like I said, this was a few years ago though).

There was also an F3000 in Japan which had been made road legal.

Jan - anything is possible, but it might take at least one SVA test to find out what they don't like about the car so you could then sort it out for a re-test.