Europa

Martin Keene

I ordered a new oil pressure warning light from them on the 23rd January for £11.74 +P&P.

I got my bank statement yesterday and they had charged me £16.44 on the 28th January, but I've haven't reveived the light yet...

Phoned them up this morning and made my feelings about paying £4.70 P&P for a £11.74 light very well know... only then to be told that the lights are not in stock but they have them on order!!!

She couldn't really understand why I was p******** of with paying for something they hadn't got and paying nearly 50% of its value in postage...

:angry:  :angry:  :angry:

Sorry rant over... anybody seen me coat?  :D

IIRC, removing funds before an item is available for despatch is not allowed. Speak to your credit card advice line.........

IIRC, removing funds before an item is available for despatch is not allowed. Speak to your credit card advice line.........

Agreed. isn't that taking pecuniary advantage?

Buzz

Blatman is correct

Blatman is correct

He's rarely wrong, and it's Mr Blatman show some respect

Europa gave me the run around with my order, (which was charged to my account the same day) the order consisted of about 11 different items most of which were not in stock. I agreed that they would part ship as I didn't have to pay for any additional p&p (it's there fault that the stuff is not on the shelves)

Later the same week I received my first package, the following week I received what I thought would be the remainder of my order, it wasn't. In total I received 5 packages at a rate of approx one per week, needles to say if I had known this I would have gone elsewhere,  Martin you're not alone

i got my oil pressure light from burton power.  very satisfied with there service.  the low pressure switch that they originally sent didnt work, i recieved the replacement the following day (before they had got the duff one back)

OiOi

I personally gave up on Europa many years ago...

Too many of the items in their catalogue were out of stock when I tried to order them and they weren't the quickest company at sending things.

If you look around you can usually find the same parts elsewhere for less money and with better service.

I've found that vehicle wiring products usually have evrything I needed to get from Europa and the service is good , although it looks as if evrybody is having a laugh with P&P charges ???  ???

Bit like demon thieves. Bought new steering wheel at autosport. They took the money on the Monday after the show and now I find out I've got to wait another two weeks for an out of stock item.

Robbin' wa***rs

sounds about right for demon tw#ts... remeber my oil pressure gauge from a few years back?

they took the money on the monday... and then took six weeks to get the correct gauge to me :angry:

*makes note not to use europa again - unless face to face*

glad I read this - was about to order a few items from europa - I did notice their P&P prices were high as well - and then of course their whole catalogue is EX VAT which I always think is a fast one.

has anyone ever done a survey of the best all round mail order company ?? Burton look pretty fair on price and parts, but not everything I need, Demon are as everyones says, how about Rally Design (brochure in Kit Car mag this month)

thoughts ??

Rally Design are very good - both on price and service in my experience.

Burtons are also good if they have the bits you need (they're very Ford biased).

Vehicle Wiring Products are good for odds and sods (not just electrical, but primarily so), and RS Components are a constant source of things you never knew you needed :D - tools, fastenings, electrical components, etc.

For trim related items I've found Woollies Trim to be helpful.

Finally, Trident Racing have lots of useful stuff - some of which is keenly priced, others a little more expensive.  Good stock of "racing" supplies though, like duct tape, cable ties and, errr, more duct tape !! :D

I don't think there's one company out there which does all of the things you need so you end up shopping around a bit and trying to combine orders to keep the postage down.