Oulton Parks Season opener on Easter Saturday

cast iron

36 minutes ago, Simon Waterfall Syman84 said:

i did see that Andrew but would suggest everyone runs a 1c tyre to gain some extra performance.

Well yes. I would think everyone gravitates to which ever tyre is the one to have that season.. but there's no set control tyre as some championships have. My son raced with them a few years ago, and at the time everyone was on either 888s or Ao48s.. much of a muchness.

Don't forget to factor in the cost of the full race licence as well. If you watch Danny dc2 on you tube he has done a cost breakdown of his mr2 racing recently. Pretty eye opening to see some of the costs involved 

5 minutes ago, BenD said:

Don't forget to factor in the cost of the full race licence as well. If you watch Danny dc2 on you tube he has done a cost breakdown of his mr2 racing recently. Pretty eye opening to see some of the costs involved 

Don't forget all the damage thats "not your fault" and the increased consumables for racing. I think that a BEC Westfield on slicks would have eaten some of those cars.

As a comparison of relative costs our Blyton Sprint weekend is a total of £220. You pay your money and make your choice.

Terry, when are the regs out for the July Blyton weekend, I see there was a event in August that already have there regs out, thought it use to be 6-8 weeks ?

Ron Siddle and I are hoping to have the Regs published and entry form by end of the month. 

@Andrew I've changed class and now run in A2 up to 2 litres saloons and silhouettes, a tough class for a 1 litre buzz bomb, but lets me run slicks- which i don't! but from a safety point of view lets me run race wets, which I do F3 fronts all round 

• Like 2

To compare the cost "per lap" between circuit racing and sprinting is meaningless, in my book. If someone just wants to go out and drive brisk laps as many as possible, then surely the answer is to do trackdays? 

If however someone wants to compete, and pit your driving ability against someone else in a similar vehicle, then the actual number of laps you cover becomes secondary, surely?

Sprinting is all about trying to put together a perfect lap, or as near as you are capable of, and in doing so to challenge yourself and your car against both the measured lap times and your nearest competitor.

When it comes to cost, you have to factor in the extra cost of tyres, wear and tear of the mechanical parts of the vehicle and the much greater risk of bodily damage through collisions, when comparing circuit racing with sprinting.