bright orange (hmmmm not sure)

15" minilights

quaife ATB (new) type 9 box with quick shift

standard brakes/spax coilovers

no ticket or rent

chap wants 10 big ones.  :oops:  ???  :(

Many thanks as ever.

Nick.

Sounds like reasonable value to me (maybe 9.5K) , i am sure you could knock him down with there being no test or tax , i quite like the orange colour myself , a lot depends on the build quality if you have got 10K try and find one with throttle bodies IMO

:D

It's an SEW & Not SEiW??

How old, what condition??

Detechable rear arches??

Any other nice bits apart from ATB (noisey but good)

No Ticket/rent -- MOT/Tax??

Sounds a bit rich at £10K.

Would have thought £8K max.

It's an SEW & Not SEiW??

How old, what condition??

Detechable rear arches??

Any other nice bits apart from ATB (noisey but good)

No Ticket/rent -- MOT/Tax??

Sounds a bit rich at £10K.

Would have thought £8K max.

IMHO. :zzz:

detachable arches, but defo live rear axle not independent

quite nice condition but this is the one I posted on questioning the brown gunge in the header tank and whether or not this was head gasket so that needs checking out - oil looked fine and runs OK temp wise so maybe just gungey water. Aparrently the bottom end was brand new from Ford although no receipts to prove, and a reconditioned head. Standard cams etc so I would want to change that and I would want to either go for full cage or RAC bar.

Got a split in bonnet and a couple of scratches but otherwise ok apart from a 'max power' interior trim that needs binning.

I offered him 8 and he said 'k off! :p

Might only keep for 9 months and then sell so don't want to lose too much £££ by paying over the odds .... ;)

I offered him 8 and he said 'k off! :p

Might only keep for 9 months and then sell so don't want to lose too much £££ by paying over the odds .... ;)

Quite frankly I don't blame him !!

Especially when you then go on to say that you might not have it that long and so don't want to lose too much money by paying over the odds...  I doubt the current owner wants to lose too much money either...

The words "cake and eat it" spring to mind...

Agreed, I am a cake and eat it man (hence the need for a widebody) but I thought it might be worth a shot as he needs the money for the car in connection with a deposit for house, and as mentioned earlier in the thread the car has been up for sale for a while ......has no mot or tax and a few dings to the bodywork. Pointless not asking the £8K question I thought.

Thanks for your post on the brown sludge, this is the car I was talking about. Have managed to blag a gas tester off a mechanic mate which apprently goes a different colour if it detects exhaust gas in the water. There was no evidence of the dreaded mayonnaise though so it may well be rust - car has only done 600 miles since build.

:D

Nick.

Question is Nick do you think £10K is a reasonable price to pay for said car, with given info (obviously slightly limited)

???  ???  ???

Next question if you went to look at a car(any car) & you thought the owner was asking too much would you not offer him what you thought it was worth (to you)  :suspect:

Andy (don't shoot me I'm too young to die & I NEED to drive my Westie a LOT more.) :D

which Nick is that directed to Andy, P or M ???:p

Was actually to Nick M, but feel free to add your reply/abuse. :p  :D  :zzz: