Hi everybody

scoob

Hi everybody,

From Sunny Portugal. Time to introduce myself.. My name's Ivor and I'm a Motoholic.

After a long year of looking and a couple of near misses, I think I'm finally in the club!

Some of you know the Megablade turbo built by John Cobb (who I hear is a bit of a master). Now Megablade CBR1000RR, as its graced these pages a few times under the guardianship of various  skilled hands. 

I am currently trying to negotiate the post brexit fangle of getting a car transported from the UK,  to Portugal. There now seems to be all sorts of tax and import implications. If anyone out there has any recommendations for a transport firm or any ideas that legally avoid me spending 10 days in isolation in a travel lodge to come and get it I'd love to hear them. I haven't got the patience to wait until mid May, by which time they say Portugal may be off the red list and I would no longer need to quarantine in a hotel at £1750.00. 

• Like 2

Hello and welcome.

The good news is that Portugal has been removed from the UK red list today as i understand it.

Hope you can get the travel / transport sorted....

9 hours ago, CraigHew said:

Hello and welcome.

The good news is that Portugal has been removed from the UK red list today as i understand it.

Hope you can get the travel / transport sorted....

Not sure that helps him sufficiently. He'll still need to quarantine for 10 days and take two covid 19 tests before he can go outside. The key difference is this won't be in a government quarantine hotel. Also to leave the UK, he'll need to complete a form online - Travelling out of UK to explain why he's travelling and I doubt buying a Westie will be okay. Unless he's got paperwork to prove he's a motor trader etc. It may be different for a Portuguese national returning home, though. Rules and forms to complete for visiting UK are here- Travel to UK. Sadly covid 19 has made an already tricky job of international travel for my team of service engineers, even harder. The goal posts are constantly changing. They've spent many weeks in quarantine both home and abroad and have taken far more covid 19 tests than you can imagine. Luckily they're allowed to travel as 'critical workers' and carry letters to authorise this. Given they work in power stations/petro-chem plants etc.

Brexit has now added further complexity and forms!

p.s. :ww: @scoob good luck with your quest to get a Westie!