29th April Cadders

Simon Waterfall Syman84

I think Barn is soooo difficult to get right (so I always get it wrong - ie slow 😜)

Not from the crash...

but my first "serious" session in the death trap...

• Like 2

Fantastic day..really enjoyed it and great to see everyone..

Love the pictures..and the video Maurici...

I need to make sure I get a new camera sorted before the next one! 

great footage @Chris King 

9 hours ago, maurici said:

Not from the crash...

No footage of this, sadly 😬 You will have to try and emulate it sometime!

I've stuck a little vid together. Weirdly spent very little time around you guys while on track, barely saw anyone at all, which I thought was pretty weird given the % we made up of the whole day! Not to worry, there will be other times... 😃

• Like 5

Looks like my GoPro is going back for a replacement - the GPS is all over the shop (unless they've changed the layout at Cadwell and we didn't notice)

IMG_0010.PNG

(awaits comment from you-know-who on speed reading)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Chris King said:

Looks like my GoPro is going back for a replacement - the GPS is all over the shop (unless they've changed the layout at Cadwell and we didn't notice)

IMG_0010.PNG

was this after we had the chat about the wet line?

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Chris King said:

Quick and dirty upload from me... 

Some great footage, driving and track action captured @Chris King. I do have to say, you do seem to spend a lot of time with your hand on your knob (when driving!) Are you aware? My usually suggestion is whatever's telling you that you need another gear, is usually right, so go with that instinct, take the gear, and get your paw back onto to the twirly thing!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO said:

Are you aware?

Yes - I must admit I do notice I do that!

One reason I wanted the videos was to try and improve by seeing what I do wrong - and there's plenty to choose from!

Best lap of the day was 1:49.00 - I so wish I hadn't lifted to let a car past as I could have claimed a 1:48 🤣

Day went well for me, just added fuel and drove, didn't really get a clear lap as such all day, only had the camera on for a couple of sessions  and looks to be a 1.37 in there if play about with a start finish as there was no clear laps over the start line but suspect the car is capable of way quicker times, which when I watch the video back becomes very apparent  think I have been too long out the seat  I felt as rusty as an old gate and old age is finally catching up with me as I just find myself not pushing at all but in all honesty I just want to have a few sessions and get back without any dramas.  

I tried to get Pete to take it round before I  put in on the trailer but couldn't talk him into it  would have been good to see what he could do with it . 

Anyway here is a few laps from one of the later sessions I did, think its second lap from the pits so I am still cautious on the tyres and was wondering what the grip levels were after the hailstones! 

• Like 3

The blue cateringvan R400 superlight was someone we know?

See there’s me chuffed with a 1:49 and Jeff is disappointed with a 1:37 🤣

I have so much to learn from you lot!

• Like 1