shelsley

SteveD

there is a rumour in the hillclimb circles that a fellow by the name of mr butler, who owns spec-savers USA will cough up the remaining outstanding capital needed!

he has competed on the hill at some point.

The bit that worries me in the letter is the statement "If we do save Shelsley Walsh those who have made donations will get preference when future hillclimb entries are oversubscribed"

So I guess that means that those that don't donate needn't submit entries for events?

Rules us lot out then - so stuff it where the sun don't shine pal!

:(  :angry:  :arse:

Yep i agree,  :angry:

Sent a letter back, ???

yes i now, it will go straigh in the bin,  :sheep:

not supprised the rich guy, in the letter did not hand over his money, he is a driver of another one of those westfield things  :bangshead:

Its a shame its the colsest venue, to where i live, :A***

I think they started to late, just hopped the name got them there money :oops:

The problem being they got more venues and funny we have the same problems getting in there :down:

shame we could not raise the money and out bid them  :durr:

:bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:

OK, I binned my letter as well....but just say someone does donate some cash (and by the tone of the letter it convinces you that it should be no small amount) and they still dont raise enough to save the venue. What then happens to the donations...do they get returned? I dont think so.....

I might start a "Save Shelsey" fund and hope that it doesn't get saved. I could make a pile of cash  :blues:

John

Just called in at home between appointments - bursting for the loo!

I intend to write to Hoorah Henry to thank him for producing the letter on such soft paper.  V handy when we have recently run out of the puppy binding stuff.  Flushed away very satisfactoraly too.

Well done old beans - guffaw guffaw :xmas:

Sod 'em let it close and build an 1300 yard ASDA on it plus knock the 12th century church down and build a car park...... progress you can't beat it. In with the new, out with the old

Buzz.

but just say someone does donate some cash (and by the tone of the letter it convinces you that it should be no small amount) and they still dont raise enough to save the venue. What then happens to the donations...do they get returned? I dont think so.....

are you sure you've really read the letter and the other ones issued for this appeal?

The Shelsley Trust are obliged to keep a record of every person who had made a donation AND how much for precisely this reason. And yes, I made a very small contribution (can't afford much these days) and I and some friends bought a few raffle tickets in the hope it will be saved.....and I get to keep getting entries  :p  :D

brown nose  :arse:  ;)

bring it on brown nose  :zzz: ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh stelllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllla  feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeva  :zzz:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:

:D  :p  :bangshead:  :suspect: