shelsley

SteveD

anyone else had a letter from shelsley about needing to raise money ,as if we don't know about it already  :arse: cheeky f****n  :arse:  holes .......... if they wern't so up themselves maybe people would help out more , i have donated money but i feel the way in which they treat people and the comments made about westfields and there owners when we were there in 2002 by the commentator ,makes me want to give them a b***h slappin  :angry:

steve angry davies  :angry:  :bangshead:

still angry  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:

Yup. I'll be sanding an equally snotty reply to that letter.

I do not respond well to begging letters, especially when they come from people who slag us off.

Also, I'm not disposed to helping them, because if they've left it this late, just how good are thay at organising anything? Surely they should have been considering this for some years, and been raising money from events/raffles/car booters/whatever, and putting it somewhere safe, like an ISA? Can we be sure they'd organise the return of unused funds properly? Or am I wildly off base here?

yup tossa's once a tossa always a tossa  :arse:

i think its a bit of oh yes here's DR HUGH PENDLETON FARRINGTON  in his 1901 bentley 156 cloverleaf twin turbo ,oh what a glorious machine i remember these when i was a lad wahh wahh wahhhhh oh yes a bentley , oh and here's a westfield how dare he bring his mere 12 k westfield our outstanding stuck up our own ars's hillclimb ,really i think they just want prestigous veichles and stuck w*****s to go there ,well thats the impression you get ,no one less than a DR you know old boy  , wahhh wahhh oh wahhhhhhhhh  :arse:  holes  and if your cars not cigar shaped forget it old chum !!!!!!!

dont get me wrong i give lots to charity mate  ???  no seriously i don't mind giving some of my millions away  :t-up:  but i think there's ways to ask for it and then there's shelsleys way of arrrrrrrrrsking  :angry:

I gladly dispached my begging letter straight to the bin..........just like they did with my entries whenever I tried to get in to the place  :(:(

I have never been to the hill and as I will not be contributing never will be, which is a shame but I do agree the attitude of the organising club does them no favors in getting my support.

Blats. Got to agree with the plan to buy out a 99 year lease (IIRC but stand to be corrected) in the last year or so.  VERY short sighted IMHO

Rob

Totally agree with Steve,

I'm sure Mr. Shelsley-Walsh and his fellow cronies have enough in loose change to bail the place out.

I may be mistaken, but I'm sure they had a stand at the NEC Classic Car Show asking for donation/pledges etc. This couldn't have been cheap:p  unless they had some form of concession.

This mail shot must have cost a wedge too;)

Moaning head off:D :D

Fish:)

just had a thought  :0  :t-up:  rob your a big lad and mr fish your even bigger  :t-up: and me being the small one  :zzz:  ???  we could go down there and b***h slap them all for being cheeky beggers  ???  :t-up: well im off to finish my cigar shaped car  :t-up:  :bangshead:

Agree with all your comments, the main one being why have the only recently started collecting for this (ie last year or 2)  :bangshead:

The other thought who else is going to stump up £ 1.5 million for a lease --- NO ONE  :D  so they ought to let it go, bet the landlord would be back PDQ begging them to take it on  :D  :D  :D

Hmmmmmmm. I'm going to assume that the land is ripe for developement, ie it has no caveats or codicils (or whatever), or preservation orders saying that it can never be built on. Mind you, if I was in their shoes, I'd be applying for a preservation order right now. I wonder if they've even thought of that? I hope so......

I can't imagine the landlord is blind to the true worth of the site. I'll bet there are developers falling over themselves waiting for the lease to lapse. Yes it'll be a shame, but I'm firmly of the opinion that MAC have only themselves to blame.

As good a hill Shelsley is - the letter SUCKS  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :angry:  :angry: Agree with ya 100% Mr D

We have a decision to make if you SS guys wish for 2005  ;)  ;) we can refuse an invite if we get one  :) Perhaps I'll poll everyone at the end of 2004  ;)  ;)

Its just a damage limitation exercise anyway  ;)

All the lardy da cigar driving Henry's have no doubt checked all the small change from their loungers and I betcha the £1.5 mill they suddenly get the money needed  ;)  ;)  ;) and Shelsley will be saved thanks to the glorious Mr Fuarharharharson without a mention for all the other folks that they have enticed money from  ;)  ;)

By all means call me very cynical  ;)  ;)  ;)  ;)  ;) But .............. watch the press and see if I'm wrong  ;)  :D  :D

isn't the land littered in listed buildings ( very listed ) most of the buildings including the 12th century church are nearly as old as the people who run shelsley  :D  :arse: tossa's

Yep ........ all the properties and Church are listed buildings - in fact one or two have been re-furbished  ;)  ;)  ;) ........ now I wonder if someone would invest soooooooo much money if the hill was gonna close  ;)  ;)  ;)  :oops:  :oops: me being cynical again perhaps  ;)  ;)

You will also find that many of the trees have TPO's  ;)  and land is designated agricultural use only  ;)  :D

Next thing to listen out for is if the site is for shared sport community use  ;)  ;) and wait for the lottery grant cheque to land  ;)  :D

Its just small change to the Farharharharsons  ;)  ;) but wheels needed to be put into motion  ;)  :D

Anyway there's a supposed new venue opening up at Huntington near Kington by Hereford, it'll be longer hill than Loton Park - needs an MSA licence - A few club members incl. the Farharharharson lot have been to look at it already  :D  :D