Llandow Testing

DickieB

janet you are a tit  :arse:  the end  ???

FWIW Llandow have always accepted my Non-Race NatB for day / half day testing. with outer card on track. + they seem to mix open and closed wheels together.

Not that I do much testing you understand.....

you never no i could be out testing soon  ??? ok  somtime in march  :0  :bangshead: will this project never end  :arse:

last time I tested at Brands they were so pleased to take my money that they didn't even ask for my licence. It was mid season and there were only about 10 of us in total...

I asked at Llandow yesterday and they said that yes they would take non-race, but wouldn't take no licence people and would refer them to track day organisers such as Motorsport Events.

As for testing yesterday  :D  awesome.  Car handles like a dream, goes like a rocket, and driver is "in the groove".

Don't you just love hassling and overtaking TVR race cars with a 1300 Crossflow? I know I do!

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Just out of interest, what's involved in getting a licence? Do you actually have to be competing, or could someone get one just to be able to attend test days?

Andy

Depends... a Sprint licence is just a postal application jobbie.

National B is a full medical, ARDS test and then 10 races to graduate to a Nat. A. Did mine at Thruxton. Jeez that is a fast circuit. :oops:

Only 6 races to upgrade from National B to National A now.  Then a further 6 races to upgrade to International C.

Just waiting for my invitation to race from the top international teams.....................

:durr:

Thanks for that guys, Adrian also tells me the cost is about £40, so not extortionate.

Would I be more likely to find tracks running 'test days' at weekends than 'track days'? What's the difference in terms of driving and the like, I imagine there'd be more 'big boys' there on test days, but presumably people drive the better because of this?

Andy

Andy, a test day is a bit different to a trackday, Ive not got a race/sprint license but have driven on a specially organised club test day that didnt require a license, and the main difference I found was overtaking. Cars will overtake you wherever they can and there's no "by consent" type rules so you'll find people diving up the inside of you under braking etc. If you are comfotable with that then its fine, but it can feel a little alien to start with when you're used to the (usually) tightly controlled overtaking of a trackday

Driving is obviously of better overall standard but that doesnt mean more courteous, and at the same time you might be out on track with the same variation of cars as you find at a trackday so there will still be cars slowing you up / rocketing past you.

Chris

Yeah, that's kind of what I figured really.

Thanks.

Andy

Well maybe it is true, rang Silverstone and they take any msa licence.

So just need to check to see if they do this at Snett or Brands. :)  :t-up:  :)

Snet wanted a race license not a sprint one for test days last time I asked. Was a while ago now though...