getting back into a westy!

MTBCOACH

18 minutes ago, Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO said:

Have a look here- https://www.fuelly.com/car/westfield/mega-s2000-fw-aeroscreen-/2016/iank-westie/835172

The tank should be 29L however as it's a non factory S2000 before the factory offered them, it may have the smaller (24L?) tank.

5.1 gallons on one fill up! 

You're a braver man than me @Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO! I get serious range anxiety well before that 😂

3 hours ago, MTBCOACH said:

This is exactly what i want! that duel personality! 70kg over my old one but more power! What kind of miles per tank do you get from it? another thing that used to crack me with the zetec was stopping every 100 miles due to small fuel tank, no great mpg and not a particularly accurate fuel gauge   

I average around 140 miles between fuel stops on longer runs. I have pushed to nearly 160 but I was on absolute fumes and was mostly pottering around in 6th. I do tend to fill up when I can though as that last gallon counts down bl**** fast!

My biggest fill up to date was 25 litres

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Chris King - Webmaster said:

@Rush Motorsport haven’t you driven Andy’s S2000 as well as my Zetec?

Both with cage and aeroscreen so should be a reasonable comparison. 

That I have. Although @Andy (Sycho) needs to let me have another go, now the seat position is sorted!

Hard to compare as I only did a couple of laps in the S2000 as I couldn’t reach the steering wheel. Waaaaaay more shove in the back from the Honda, but a little less exploitable than the zetec. 

For fast use, I’d go Honda, for track I’d go for anything you can get to ~550kg or less,     that makes a massive difference to the fun factor....

But I’m no expert!

1 hour ago, RobH72 said:

5.1 gallons on one fill up! 

You're a braver man than me @Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO! I get serious range anxiety well before that 😂

You need to learn how low you can go and what the gauge shows when low, 

One occasion was after a visit to the Evo triangle and we enjoyed the first lap so much, we thought we'd have another lap. We then headed for the nearest fuel station.  Which was a single pump diesel only station. We then tip toed to the next garage. I think I'd got 2 litres left.

• Haha 1

Thanks for all the advice 

Any S2000 owners gone down the throttle body route? 

Another appeal with this car is that is an option for more power in the future if needed! (well you never know!)

costs and what's involved much appreciated

Cheers Paul 

• Haha 1